Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Were you emotional at your sons bris
1  2  3  Next

amother

Post Sat, Oct 28 2006, 9:01 pm
We found out we are going to have a boy and I remember after my last baby a girl I was emotional about everything with NO bris.

I can see myself crying by the bris and even afterwards having to nurse the baby dealing with all the people.

Did you get emotional at your sons bris and were you embarrased by it. Even though there is no reason to be b/c everyone is emotional right after. Some more than others

chocolate moose

Post Sat, Oct 28 2006, 9:06 pm
No, I was happy!

amother

Post Sat, Oct 28 2006, 9:10 pm
I chickened out and left the room for the actual bris. It was more my husband who got emotional. He even blanked out and changed the name that we decided upon, which is a story of hashgacha pratis in itself:)

Don't worry, after I freaked out a little I realized that the name he had chosen was not only one I liked better, but was really meant to be.

lubcoralsprings

Post Sat, Oct 28 2006, 9:10 pm
I wasn't worried becauase I knew we were in good hands with our MOhel.

Flowerchild

Post Sat, Oct 28 2006, 9:13 pm
nope, I was happy and tired, and I wanted to sleep.

mali

Post Sat, Oct 28 2006, 9:15 pm
I get emotional at any Bris.

Ruchel

Post Sat, Oct 28 2006, 9:20 pm
I've heard many parents get emotional or even feel not very well. Many leave the room, or close their eyes... I even know people who want a girl to escape the bris lol

shayna82

Post Sat, Oct 28 2006, 9:41 pm
I was pretty emotional, not that I had to leave the room or anything like that, but I remember feeling so bad for my baby. he was crying and crying before anything happened.

timeout

Post Sat, Oct 28 2006, 10:08 pm
nope I didn't get to go to my sons Bris my inlaws have a minhag that the mother is not allowed to be there

ShiraMiri

Post Sat, Oct 28 2006, 11:00 pm
I didn't go into the room for the actual bris. It was emotional and kind of scary to me. Also, I felt really overwhelmed with all the people. I felt like I wasn't up to facing all the parties (shalom zachor, bris) so soon after giving birth.

Emuna

Post Sat, Oct 28 2006, 11:09 pm
With our first son I was better than the second because the second one didn't want to take the wine and he was a wreck afterward. I actually told my husband to see if there was a doctor in the shul because he was such a wreck - and so was I! Eventually (of course) we both settled down. I did have to give him Tylenol at home later, though.

Mama Bear

Post Sat, Oct 28 2006, 11:17 pm
you were emotional because after birth, your hormones plummet from in the 100,000s to 0 in no time. So youll be emotional whether it's a boy or a girl. I personally didnt attend my son's bris,as it's not done in chaseeedishe circles, and I tried not to think about it as it was going on. But as I dressed him for the bris in the morning I ws crying, thanking HaShm tht after 9 years of marriage I was finally zocheh to send my baby off to his bris...

klotzkashe

Post Sun, Oct 29 2006, 1:13 am
I was a wreck.
I sat in the little room off the shule and was bawling my eyes out before the mohel even showed up!
my husband was so pale and felt so terrible at the bris. the photos (b&W) show e/one else looking alright, and his face is whiter than his tallis!!!

It was definitely one of the hardest experiences of having the baby.

Marion

Post Sun, Oct 29 2006, 1:03 am
Yup. I was fine until my MIL took him from me, then I was a wreck. We had a good mohel; the baby didn't even cry, but I did!

technic

Post Sun, Oct 29 2006, 11:04 am
EMOTIONAL???? - everyone was looking around 4 noah.... Crying Crying Crying

Mama Bear

Post Sun, Oct 29 2006, 11:25 am
technic- im afraid toa sk - who's noah?

technic

Post Sun, Oct 29 2006, 11:59 am
Mindy wrote:
technic- im afraid toa sk - who's noah?

that kinda famous guy from the flood!!!! LOL

gryp

Post Sun, Oct 29 2006, 12:03 pm
oh technic LOL

Mishie

Post Sun, Oct 29 2006, 12:18 pm
Tech, that was funny!!

I cried at my 3 sons' Bris's.
The first 2 were at Shuls, and the third one was at our house. The Shul ones, I had to stay in the Ezras Nashim. But the one at our house, I just stepped into my bedroom for a few minutes. It was just too intense, not so many ppl., but my living room is not as big as a shul.... I can't really explain it, it's just a feeling.... It was really quiet, and I was just steps away from the baby and all...

mom3boys

Post Sun, Oct 29 2006, 12:34 pm
I was emotional, but not for the same reasons as most.
we have a wonderfull mohel, who before my bachor's bris explained to me what a special time it is. That during tha bris the gates of shamayim open to mother's prayers.

That what I do, I PRAY. I pray that hashem should guide the mohel's hand and I pray for my baby boy's health till 120, happiness, parnosah, a good shiduch in the right time, healthy children and grand children and so on and so forth. As you can imagine I get quite emotional, but my biggest pet peave is when people try to comfort me. I just want to be left alone to concentrate on my prayer. Also can't be anywhere else but the room where the bris takes place.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics