Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Classifieds
Triple (quad?) stroller to buy from you/info in where to buy

ewa-jo

Post Tue, Sep 06 2011, 4:33 am
B"H, we have a new baby, but we only have a double stroller and 3 kids. By now, I really thought my oldest boy would be walking by himself beside the stroller, but it's really hit-and-miss. He will walk to the park some of the time, but not all the time. He will cry to be carried or to sit in the stroller. At the moment, I can carry the baby in a sling carrier, but she will soon be too big for it.

I think my only option is a stroller for 3 or 4 kids. "make him walk" isn't an option... he just stands on the sidewalk and cries and doesn't budge, even if I walk away. He's a bit of a prince.

Does anyone have a triple (or quad) stroller that they would like to sell? Or some info about where to buy one? I haven't seen anything in the baby stores and I looked on zap and only found double strollers.

Thanks

BeershevaBubby

Post Tue, Sep 06 2011, 4:35 am
What about the 'playpen on wheels' type thing I see some Metaplot use?

jackiejoel3

Post Tue, Sep 06 2011, 4:43 am
also some of the doubles have a jump seat you can add to the front. I think the Valco does.

myself

Post Tue, Sep 06 2011, 4:56 am
Wouldn't that be way too heavy to push?!

How about a Buggy Board type of thing that is attached to the stroller http://www.kiddicare.com/webap.....14051 ?

Although you are essentially pushing the same weight, there is always the option of not using it all the time thereby slowly easing him into the walking on his own idea.

ray family

Post Tue, Sep 06 2011, 5:15 am
when I had 3 ages 3.5 and under. my son would mostly walk but when he would tire I would sit him on the lip in the front (like the baby jogger, mountain buggy and valco strollers have.)
a buggy board is also a good idea.

good luck!

RachelEve14

Post Tue, Sep 06 2011, 7:31 am
When Rivka was born the twins were 17 months. In the beginning I put her in a carrier, but after I used to switch the twins out and make each one take a turn walking. Does your middle child walk yet? I really wouldn't buy a triple stroller. I would assume they are insanely expensive, and heavy.

An agalul (the crib on wheels) will cost you about 1200 NIS, but I don't think it's great for a baby, a toddler, and a 3 year old. Plus go back to the bulky, heavy, awkward problem.

MommyZ

Post Tue, Sep 06 2011, 7:47 am
Foundations Trio Triple Tandem Stroller $399.99

http://www.toysrus.com/product.....19718

Open dimensions: 58" L x 21" W x 41.5" H

Folded dimensions: 49" L x 21" W x 20" H

Stroller weight: 54 lbs.

Weight limit: 40 lbs. per seat

Seat width: 13.5"

Seat recline: front and middle seats: 0-30 degrees; rear seat: 15-50 degrees

Distance of seat to canopy: 21"

Distance from rear seat edge and front seat back: 5"

Rodent

Post Tue, Sep 06 2011, 8:34 am
We have one of these:
http://www.gobubbago.com.au/in.....id=21

They have quads too and singles with doubles on top. This is the international distributor btw so the place to order worldwide. They are really expensive but I couldn't deal with 3 side by side or 3 front/back, the dimensions just get too awkward, and all 3 still had day sleeps so I wanted them to be able to lay back, not to mention easy to push all that weight. We use it as a double also and it gets a lot of use. Sorry but we're not selling at this point Wink

Another option that I would be seriously interested in (and would have been my choice if we needed something for our eldest but he was ok to walk by then) is a Strolli:
http://www.mummasmate.com.au/
I've heard good things about them and they can attach to any size stroller. I'd have gone this route if I didn't need the lay down/sleep option for my eldest at the time.

ewa-jo

Post Sun, Sep 11 2011, 4:48 am
Has anyone seen something here in Israel for 3 or 4 kids? Shipping a massive 35-pound stroller here is probably expensive.

That's really what I think I need. I asked friends and their 4 and 5 year-olds still sit in the stroller sometimes. My oldest is 2years8months... with 2 younger ones.... and he does not like to walk. If he could get away with it, he would want to be carried everywhere.

Marion

Post Sun, Sep 11 2011, 8:16 am
Their 4 or 5 year olds still sit in the stroller???? Wow.

I borrowed a double when my first two were small, but I think I had given it back by the time DS#3 was 6 months old...which means DS#2 has been walking consistently (read: not given a choice) since he was 3. (DS#3 was born when he was exactly 2.5...)

ewa-jo

Post Sun, Sep 11 2011, 8:36 am
Marion wrote:
Their 4 or 5 year olds still sit in the stroller???? Wow.

I borrowed a double when my first two were small, but I think I had given it back by the time DS#3 was 6 months old...which means DS#2 has been walking consistently (read: not given a choice) since he was 3. (DS#3 was born when he was exactly 2.5...)

My oldest will walk maybe a block to the park, if he's in a good mood. The thing where I leave him on the sidewalk and walk away hoping that he will follow me... well, that doesn't work. He stands there crying and doesn't move. He's more of a 'prince' than his younger brother... he would rather that mommy or daddy does stuff for him than doing it himself.

I dunno, maybe it's all the hills in Jerusalem or the old, uneven sidewalks, but yes, some of my friends here have 3, 4 and 5 year-olds who still sit in the stroller. I bought a double stroller when I was expecting DS#2 and we use it all the time. At the moment, I am carrying the baby in a sling carrier, but I can't carry her for long distances and when she gets heavier (they all do!) then it will be impossible.

I am looking at quad strollers that I can order online and send to my parents, who are coming to visit in a month. I'd really rather buy something locally or second-hand, but I don't think I have a choice.

Kaybee

Post Sun, Sep 11 2011, 9:27 am
How about a buggy board, would that work? I believe I even saw a buggy board that the child can sit. This option will prob be easier to push then a trio carriage.

Kumphort

Post Sun, Sep 11 2011, 9:56 am
I would not invest too much in a triple stroller, even with your stubborn kid, you hopefully won't be using it more than a year.

Is your double a good solid walking stroller? Can you fit two kids in one seat? let the oldest hold the baby on his lap? Do you have have a big footrest, that the oldest can sit on? like the mountain buggy or baby jogger have? My DH has pushed four of my kids in a double stroller?

I would rather invest in a good double stroller, and a buggy board or something else, so that you have more options and flexibility

pobody's nerfect

Post Sun, Sep 11 2011, 10:00 am
this buggy board has a chair!
http://www.lilsugar.com/Buggy-.....85248

MaBelleVie

Post Sun, Sep 11 2011, 10:46 am
Or maybe you can commission someone in Israel to build up an attachment for your current stroller. It would probably be a lot cheaper than buying a whole new stroller, and you could customize it as needed.

tizunabi

Post Sun, Sep 11 2011, 12:33 pm
my friend sometimes uses her single city mini as a double by placing her 1.5 year old on top of the stroller facing her (think, sitting on the edge of where the canopy is and her legs towards the area of the handle bar).
If its only short distances than it seems doable... which dobule stroller to you have, is there some option of rigging it to be a triple?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics