Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more
Toilet training twins together?

amother

Post Tue, Sep 06 2011, 10:13 pm
My twins are 2 years and 4 months. I am considering to toilet train them. Should I do it together or each on their own?

Mommy F.

Post Tue, Sep 06 2011, 10:15 pm
What are their genders?

amother

Post Tue, Sep 06 2011, 10:48 pm
identical boys

MyKidsRQte

Post Wed, Sep 07 2011, 12:03 am
I need to follow this thread. My twin boys are going to be 2 in October.

lilacdreams

Post Wed, Sep 07 2011, 1:16 am
I don't have twins but my 2 youngest were close in age and they both decided at the same time to toilet train. The oldest was 2+ and the younger one was 1+ (Gd help me!)After a hard two week period where all I seemed to be doing was cleaning up pee and poo, we managed, and all I can say is that for me it was easier, and I can't imagine repeating the process all over aagin and dragging it on for longer. Also when one sees the other doing something fun and new, the other will also want to do it - they will probably encourage each other. BTW they decided to ditch the diapers (it wasn't at my prompting) and they both chose to do it while we were on vacation at my parents' house, lol!

RachelEve14

Post Wed, Sep 07 2011, 7:29 am
I did my girls together. We had 3 days of a lot of mess, a week of a bit less mess, and then two toilet trained girls. I say go for it together unless there is someone who is obviously ready and one who obviously isn't.

Kumphort

Post Wed, Sep 07 2011, 9:26 am
My girls are the same age as yours, one of my girls decided earlier this summer that she was ready, so she is in underwear, the other has no interest, just doesn't really get it, so I am leaving her alone. They are 2 different people, and the first was ready very early

In general, I don't think that toilet training is one of those things that you can push if they are not ready showing interest etc.

I think you need to do whatever works for you, working with the one that seems more ready, might motivate the other one.

My girls are fraternal, so I don't know if that makes a difference either in terms of there being ready at different times.

Monsey Mama

Post Wed, Sep 07 2011, 12:34 pm
I toilet trained together.

amother

Post Tue, Feb 26 2013, 5:41 pm
Someone please help me!!! Any tips to offer we're trying to toilet train our almost 2 1/2 yr. old girls!!

Mirabelle

Post Tue, Feb 26 2013, 7:36 pm
We did it together.....one got it very fast and one has taken much much longer.

SivanMom

Post Tue, Feb 26 2013, 7:48 pm
Mine are also 2 and 4 months. I think my daughter will be ready earlier than my son. I don't know when I'll be ready though. I had really bad experiences with both my first and second and I have nightmares just thinking about it.

amother

Post Tue, Feb 26 2013, 7:58 pm
The question really isnt together or not because I dont really have a choice- they do everything together- my quuestion is HOW? if it would be up to my girls they would spend the entire day in the bathroom- I believe they are ready its just a matter of how we should go abt it. they constantly pull off their pampers and run to the bathroom so we need to lock it... other wise all the tissues toilet paper and anything else they can get their hands on are in the toilet bowl!!

amother

Post Wed, Feb 27 2013, 4:22 pm
Bump

TwinsMommy

Post Tue, Mar 19 2013, 10:03 am
my twins both have special needs so we had a lot of false starts. at 2, I tried to train them both together. at 3, I tried to train them both together. at 4, I focused very strictly on one twin at a time thinking that perhaps a strong focus on ONE twin would work better.. One twin got "conditioned" (*I* was trained) and the other one wasn't ready. Once the other twin was ready, he was relatively easy if you can call waiting until 5 and a half and trying a million times before that easy. A year later, he's trained (with LOTS of reminders!) The other twin who got "conditioned" at 4 has still never put a #2 in the toilet at age 6 and a half and we're down the xray/monometry/rectal biopsy route. She has NO urge. fun times.

The exposure together before they were ready was great. Sitting on potties next to each other at regular itnervals, etc. When it was truly (finally) time to TRAIN, I had to focus one at a time.

amother

Post Tue, Mar 19 2013, 7:23 pm
amother wrote:
The question really isnt together or not because I dont really have a choice- they do everything together- my quuestion is HOW? if it would be up to my girls they would spend the entire day in the bathroom- I believe they are ready its just a matter of how we should go abt it. they constantly pull off their pampers and run to the bathroom so we need to lock it... other wise all the tissues toilet paper and anything else they can get their hands on are in the toilet bowl!!

This is me.

Thanks- they're toilet trained already- it took about a week and Baruch Hashem my girls who will be 2 1/2 on pesach are completely toilet trained- thanks to their enthusiasm about it. 1 is also trained at night too!!

We reached a big milestone in raising twins- one that I've been dreading from the day they were born!!

amother

Post Tue, Mar 19 2013, 9:53 pm
Mine are boy/girl twins, which is very different than same gender. I originally tried training together at age 2 and 4 months. I had 2 potties set up in the living room and had the twins walk around with long t-shirts and nothing else, drinking tons, and getting a candy every time either of them made on the potty. My daughter was trained in 2 days. My son had accidents all over the house. It took him 9 more months to be fully trained.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more