Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Anyone used Britax carseat

seer

Post Thu, Sep 08 2011, 3:41 pm
anyone use it-is it really the best? am I overpaying?

nycgal

Post Thu, Sep 08 2011, 5:08 pm
We have the britax roundabout 55. We got it on albeebaby.com on sale for $150. It is very secure in the car when you use the latch system. Our DD(20 months) looks very comfortable in it. It has easily adjustable straps that is also very convenient. I have seen comparably priced Graco car seats that don't look anywhere near as high quality at the britax. Britax is known to be the safest car seat company around.
I say go for it.-You can't put a price on safety.

mandksima

Post Thu, Sep 08 2011, 5:19 pm
I did extensive research and found the least negative reviews with Britax. We also have the roundabout 55 and love it. DD does get sweaty a bit in it in the summer but maybe there are cooler fabrics to choose from. We have had it since birth, for 5 months now and no complaints. We even had someone bring it to Israel for us.

amother

Post Thu, Sep 08 2011, 8:00 pm
I have the britax marathon, my 22 month old daugher seems happy! she has plenty of room in it!

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Sep 08 2011, 8:45 pm
I would not say it's the "safest".
The safest seat is the one that can be installed correctly in your car and fits your baby perfectly. Therefore, there cannot be ONE seat that is safest.
All carseats on the market, when used correctly, are VERY safe.
With Britax, you're paying for bells and whistles. Not safety. Perhaps it's easier to install in your car than a different seat in which case, yes, it most likely will be safer. But there are MANY seats out there that may work just as safely for you.
In fact, with some of the newer seats out there, I'm not even sure it offers the most safety "features".
They have great seats, some of which are better than others in terms of value and the weight/height limits, but for the most part, you're not compromising on safety by getting a cheaper seat. And in this day and age, you're probably not compromising on too many features (well, maybe cowprints on the seat Smile) -- cupholders, good padding, ease of use straps, etc are available on a wide range.
Bottom line: if it's in your budget, you like it, and it works well for your needs -- you're making a great choice. But don't think that it's the only thing you should be looking at because it has a reputation. They're great, but they're not the only ones.

seer

Post Mon, Sep 12 2011, 9:01 pm
thanks for the replies!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics