Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
What can I do with DS's hair?

mommy#1

Post Thu, Sep 08 2011, 9:47 pm
DS's bangs are really long, and they get in his eyes. I bought cute yarmulka clips and clipped them to the side. He looked very cute and it worked for a nice while; the only time he ever took the clip out was while he was nursing. So I always just took it out before I nursed him and it worked great. But he just started a new game where he takes it out and puts it in his mouth. Obviously that's not ok, because it's a choking hazard. So I got cute pony holders and made him a pony with a side part, and he actually looked yum! But I did that for 2 days, when I noticed a small black & blue mark on his scalp right where his pony was. Probably because he kept trying to pull the pony holder out, I guess he was pulling his hair too hard. (poor boy!!) so that's out. I'm not going to keep up with that if he's going to hurt himself. Cutting his bangs isn't an option, as my dh holds of the upsherin, so I can't cut his hair until he's 3.
Any other ideas?!?! Thanks...

Bea21

Post Fri, Sep 09 2011, 12:35 am
I use the clear "rubber band" type ponytails. (It sounds like we do the hair the same way, with the part). Try it a little looser (or, if you do it tighter, the rubber band ones just rip when he pulls too hard. )
I also realized recently that he can actually fit all his hair into a full ponytail! (Ds1 is 14months) try it, see if it fits.
The only other option I have is to comb it all to the side/back when it's wet, so it'll dry more neatly. Not a perfect solution, but it does work.

And ds's family does not have a minhag to wait until 3, so we're
"still deciding" if we should (and in the meantime my gorgeous k"ah yingele is looking like a sweet maidelah!)

lizard8

Post Fri, Sep 09 2011, 7:58 am
Some people cut bangs for their kids before their upsherin. I don't know the stringencies of the minhag, but I assume that people in your position have no choice but to at least cut bangs.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics