Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Does anyone have a cleaning schedule or task list?

amother

Post Tue, Sep 20 2011, 4:23 pm
I had a shleppy, old cleaning lady for the past 5 years. She took 6 hours to clean my two bedroom apartment, and frequently went overtime. I didn't fire her because she was loyal and honest, and she did a thorough job.

I just moved from the small apartment to a large house - 4 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms. My cleaning lady promptly quit (as I would have if I were in her position). I am not sure that I want to train a new cleaning person, or just make a schedule for myself or for a cleaning service to do the cleaning.

Does anyone have a schedule that they use to maintain their house, e.g. when to change linens, when to clean bathrooms, etc? If so, will you share it with me?

amother

Post Wed, Nov 02 2011, 10:50 pm
Any one? Especially looking 4 something appropriate for israel - I can't keep up with the cleaning here!

amother

Post Wed, Nov 02 2011, 10:51 pm
Any one? Especially looking 4 something appropriate for israel - I can't keep up with the cleaning here!

flowerpower

Post Wed, Nov 02 2011, 11:18 pm
Here is what I do-

I do laundry on sundays and wednesdays and fold them that day. On friday morning I throw in a load and keep in dryer so the hamper is empty over shabbos. On sunday I fold it along with sundays laundry.

I clean my house every day from the mess that happened that day. I clean it right after supper.

The cleaning lady comes on wednes. and washes the floors, woodwork, bathrooms, kitchen....

homechef

Post Sat, Nov 26 2011, 11:04 pm
We recently moved to a bigger place as well and I had the same dilemma. Monday:laundry. Tuesday:cleaning bathrooms, floors...Wednesday:Shopping for shabbos and week. Thursday: cooking. Every other Friday: cleaning lady comes.

Kugglegirl

Post Sat, Nov 26 2011, 11:57 pm
I did the "Flylady.com" for a long time.

Kind of out of it now, but it helped me have a mental framework for how to manage. I had a 1/2 day a week cleaning lady when I did it & a 4 bedroom, 3 1/2 bathroom house w. playroom, basement, dining & lv. room. + toddlers & frequent guests.

I have a weekly chart that helped a lot. If you pm me w. an e-mail I can send it to you.

crystal

Post Sun, Nov 27 2011, 11:27 am
Kugglegirl wrote:
I did the "Flylady.com" for a long time.

Kind of out of it now, but it helped me have a mental framework for how to manage. I had a 1/2 day a week cleaning lady when I did it & a 4 bedroom, 3 1/2 bathroom house w. playroom, basement, dining & lv. room. + toddlers & frequent guests.

I have a weekly chart that helped a lot. If you pm me w. an e-mail I can send it to you.

Thanks for referencing the website, kuggel girl! I just checked it out and its totally up my alley! Maybe that will make a mentch out of me shock
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry