Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
Cornish hens

frog

Post Thu, Sep 22 2011, 4:55 pm
I need a tried and tested recipe for cornish hens. there was one in the mishpacha a few weeks ago, stuffed with rice. if anyone has that or simila would be great.

tia

morah

Post Fri, Sep 23 2011, 11:24 am
KBD has a few. I don't remember which of them has, but it's more than one and they're all good. I can look for them and get back to you later.

Barbara

Post Fri, Sep 23 2011, 11:28 am
frog wrote:
I need a tried and tested recipe for cornish hens. there was one in the mishpacha a few weeks ago, stuffed with rice. if anyone has that or simila would be great.

tia

Drunken Cornish Hen

Season with salt, pepper, garlic, onion powder, paprika.

OPEN a can of beer. Pour a little into the pan. Now insert the OPEN can into the bird's cavity. It will look like one of the dancing chickens from Peter Garbriel's Sledgehammer video (I am showing my age here). Bake in standing position at 350 until done. Be very careful removing hot beer cans.

mosma

Post Fri, Sep 23 2011, 11:28 am
I make a great and easy beer can cornish hen recipe if you're interested (little bird sitting on an open can of beer in the oven). comes out juicy and perfect every time.

mimsy7420

Post Fri, Sep 23 2011, 1:32 pm
Would love to hear more recipes

especially any that are stuffed with rice?

newmommy1

Post Fri, Sep 23 2011, 2:02 pm
I've had whole chickens made with a beer can in the cavity and it's delicious but I always wondered if it's safe? Does the metal leach into the meat? Has anyone poured the beer into a small glass oven-proof container and shoved that into the cavity?

mosma

Post Fri, Sep 23 2011, 2:18 pm
I think the purple spice and spirit has one that's stuffed with rice...

nylon

Post Fri, Sep 23 2011, 4:41 pm
I've done beer can chicken on the grill. As far as I know, it's safe--they even make chicken roasters that hold the chicken ni that position.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey