Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
How many oz. formula a day for a 9 month old

honeygold

Post Sat, Sep 24 2011, 6:12 pm
I am weaning my 9 month old baby and starting to give her formula instead. This is due to me being 13 weeks pregnant and having a low milk supply. The baby is sort of weaning herself. I just wanted to know if 3 6oz. bottles a day making a total of 18 oz. a day is enough. She eats basically everything by now so this is not her only source of nutrition. She has baby cereal, baby jars and I give her whatever I serve for supper (like chicken or meat). Any advice would be appreciated.

SingALong

Post Sat, Sep 24 2011, 6:17 pm
my baby is 6 months old, and takes 32 oz of formula a day, plus 2-3 meals of veggie/fruit jars or cereal.

maybe ask your dr what would be the right amount for her. Or try it out and see if she's full and satisfied, and seems to be gaining appropriately. if you give her 3 bottles a day and she seems hungry, then maybe give her another.

Beach Bum

Post Sat, Sep 24 2011, 6:53 pm
My baby is 9 months old. I was nursing 3 times daily a she had also one 6 oz bottle by the babysitter. I just stopped nursing her. She still has the bottle by the babysitter. I offer her a bottle in the morning and at night, and she sometimes drinks it and sometimes doesn't. She basically eats everything so I try to make sure she has enough protein and vitamins that way. She is gaining appropriate amounts of weight and doesn't seem to be hungry. 18 oz of formula plus food sounds okay but if your unsure you can always check with the doctor.

honeygold

Post Sat, Sep 24 2011, 6:56 pm
Beach Bum wrote:
My baby is 9 months old. I was nursing 3 times daily a she had also one 6 oz bottle by the babysitter. I just stopped nursing her. She still has the bottle by the babysitter. I offer her a bottle in the morning and at night, and she sometimes drinks it and sometimes doesn't. She basically eats everything so I try to make sure she has enough protein and vitamins that way. She is gaining appropriate amounts of weight and doesn't seem to be hungry. 18 oz of formula plus food sounds okay but if your unsure you can always check with the doctor.

Thanx for the advice. I appreciate it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics