Home

3 mo baby- heart stopped working mid open heart surgery!
1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed

Report offensive ad

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

amother

Post Posted: Thu, Oct 27 2011, 6:35 pm       Post subject: 3 mo baby- heart stopped working mid open heart surgery!
http://imamother.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=165699

I was asked to post an update on the open heart surgery for my baby relative having open heart surgery---
well the open heart surgery did not go as planned, his heart STOPPED working, and he currently is having a machine pump his blood for him, and they're leaving his heart open at the moment.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE daven for Aryeh Lev ben Einat Hadassa ASAP!!!!!!!

Liba

Post Posted: Thu, Oct 27 2011, 6:59 pm       Post subject:
Refuah shelayma.

Generally, part of open heart surgery is putting the patient on an ECMO machine to do the work of the heart and lungs and stopping the heart from beating. It sounds like the baby's heart didn't start again after the operation was over though. That is really scary. Sad

He is in my tefilos.

amother

Post Posted: Thu, Oct 27 2011, 7:05 pm       Post subject:
Liba wrote:
Refuah shelayma.

Generally, part of open heart surgery is putting the patient on an ECMO machine to do the work of the heart and lungs and stopping the heart from beating. It sounds like the baby's heart didn't start again after the operation was over though. That is really scary. Sad

He is in my tefilos.
Yea, that's what happened. They're finished with the surgery but leaving him still on the machine and with his heart still open. Its terrifying.

ElTam

Post Posted: Thu, Oct 27 2011, 7:12 pm       Post subject: re: 3 mo baby- heart stopped working mid open heart surgery!
Davening...

"I would rather have my people laugh at my economies than weep for my extravagance."
--King Oscar of Sweden

"Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!"
--Wash

Raizle

Post Posted: Thu, Oct 27 2011, 8:21 pm       Post subject: re: 3 mo baby- heart stopped working mid open heart surgery!
aryeh lev or leib?
the name is typically A. Leib which is why I ask

sweet

Post Posted: Thu, Oct 27 2011, 8:29 pm       Post subject: re: 3 mo baby- heart stopped working mid open heart surgery!
refuah sheleima, I just saId a perek of tehillim.

Mommy3.5

Post Posted: Thu, Oct 27 2011, 8:38 pm       Post subject:
she said its Lev as in heart in the other thread. refuah sheleima.

rachel31

Post Posted: Fri, Oct 28 2011, 9:38 am       Post subject: re: 3 mo baby- heart stopped working mid open heart surgery!
Refuah Shelaima, said tehillim!

hadasa

Post Posted: Fri, Oct 28 2011, 9:47 am       Post subject: re: 3 mo baby- heart stopped working mid open heart surgery!
oy, so sorry to hear that. May he have a complete and miraculous recovery soon. Said Tehillim.

"...the eternal Jewish wealth is when we ... bring into the world children and descendants who keep Torah and Mitzvos." (Hayom Yom)

mommyX2

Post Posted: Fri, Oct 28 2011, 1:57 pm       Post subject: re: 3 mo baby- heart stopped working mid open heart surgery!
refuah shelaima!!

amother

Post Posted: Sat, Oct 29 2011, 3:18 pm       Post subject: re: 3 mo baby- heart stopped working mid open heart surgery!
I have some good news to share.

There was a case of broken telephone. Husband heard from one relative who heard from another who heard from the baby's father. Now we clarified from the one who spoke to the baby's father.

Basically, the heart did start weakly, then stop, then start again, then stop... The heart just is very weak now... So there's a machine thats working together with the heart so the heart doesn't stress out too much and quit working.

A heart being weak and assisted by machine is a million times better than not restarting.

So this is already much better news...

The next 24-48 hours are critical, but at least with this updated information, things are looking better than we originally thought.

Broken telephone is so annoying. I wish we'd all hear directly from baby's father whats happening, but he's too stressed and busy to talk to us all.

(Waiting for a post shabbos update from the US...)

the world's best mom

Post Posted: Sat, Oct 29 2011, 9:14 pm       Post subject: re: 3 mo baby- heart stopped working mid open heart surgery!
Said Tehillim. May he have a Refuah Shelaima B'Karov and may we hear only good news.

Skippy!!

Post Posted: Sat, Oct 29 2011, 9:32 pm       Post subject: re: 3 mo baby- heart stopped working mid open heart surgery!
May he have a complete recovery!

rachel31

Post Posted: Sat, Oct 29 2011, 11:37 pm       Post subject: re: 3 mo baby- heart stopped working mid open heart surgery!
May he have a Refuah Shelaima!

Shalshelet

Post Posted: Sun, Oct 30 2011, 12:06 am       Post subject: re: 3 mo baby- heart stopped working mid open heart surgery!
He should have a refuah shileima! Saying a kapitlach of Tehillim for his speedy recovery.

amother

Post Posted: Sun, Oct 30 2011, 1:56 am       Post subject: re: 3 mo baby- heart stopped working mid open heart surgery!
Update- no better, no worse.

He's on the ECMO machine, critical but stable for now, with his heart still open, and they're going to try to wean him off the machine...

Please continue to pray.

amother

Post Posted: Sun, Oct 30 2011, 6:20 pm       Post subject: re: 3 mo baby- heart stopped working mid open heart surgery!
There have been some setbacks unfortunately. ARYEH LEV BEN EINAT HADASSA needs all the tefillos he can get right now
Please help if you can right now and pray, ask Hashem for rachamim on this little boy

Mommy3.5

Post Posted: Sun, Oct 30 2011, 8:50 pm       Post subject: re: 3 mo baby- heart stopped working mid open heart surgery!
Sad said tehilim. will keep him in mind for a refuah sheleima.

INSPIREME

Post Posted: Sun, Oct 30 2011, 9:15 pm       Post subject: re: 3 mo baby- heart stopped working mid open heart surgery!
Refuah Shleima - May we all only hear Besuros Tovos!

mazeltov

Post Posted: Mon, Oct 31 2011, 2:52 pm       Post subject: Re: re: 3 mo baby- heart stopped working mid open heart surg
INSPIREME wrote:
Refuah Shleima - May we all only hear Besuros Tovos!
View latest: 24h 48h 72h

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed
Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next