Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
E.A.S.Y. is not so easy :(
Previous  1  2

Emuna2

Post Mon, Dec 05 2011, 5:37 am
STMommy wrote:
I also used the wet wipe routine. I also nursed in a warm room and when DD fell asleep during a feeding, I would get her naked to wake her up and continue feeding her. The falling asleep during feeding was so frustrating. But I also never got into the Baby whisperer because I was very resistant to any book that seemed preachy to me, and I distinctly remember that the tone of the book was to make me feel bad that things weren't going right. Couldn't stand that. We moms get enough flak/lack of suport as it is, don't want a book adding to my stress!

I agree! the concept of EASY is helpful but I think that you need to take what works for you, listen to YOUR baby, and develop your own strategy from there. like sometimes my baby wakes up after 1/2 hour because she needs to poop... so then I'm not going to start at E again because she's not hungry yet. or if she's clearly exhausted for whatever reason and falls asleep straight after nursing then I won't force her to stay up and play. consistency is good, yes, and so is learning to understand your baby, but if it;s not "perfect", don't stress!

lamplighter

Post Fri, Dec 16 2011, 12:13 am
So now we're a month later, and we have the routine down pat. She wakes up, eats, "plays" (what can they play at this age?) and then gets put down for a nap.
And that's where the trouble begins. My baby doesn't sleep Sad she needs the swing and me shush/patting her and/or music to fall asleep and then she wakes up after like 20 minutes. She also needs her pacifier and often cries when it falls out.
Sleep is a disaster, it can take an hour, she is overtired and I can't even help her. Taking her out for a walk works like a charm but that is not a long term solution.
Any advice?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics