Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Laundry devil
1  2  Next

kookykup

Post Wed, Nov 24 2004, 2:59 pm
anyone have any ideas on how to conquer the laundry? I feel as though I ALWAYS have either clean clothes to folded or put away and it's always on my bed.

zuncompany

Post Wed, Nov 24 2004, 3:21 pm
This is what I do... it's my hubby's job, so its always all over his bed! HEHE!

Sara

Tefila

Post Wed, Nov 24 2004, 4:52 pm
Quote:
it's my hubby's job, so its always all over his bed! HEHE!
LOL LOL LOL

proudmom

Post Wed, Nov 24 2004, 5:10 pm
Its my job to take care of the house. Laundry is one of them, with me I have so much laundry it drives me crazy.

Tefila

Post Wed, Nov 24 2004, 5:57 pm
Quote:
with me I have so much laundry

Ditto again Smile I do one load daily to prevent pile-up. My kids fold (if you call it folding and puts away), I irion and hang....Sounds like a team Smile

proudmom

Post Wed, Nov 24 2004, 6:41 pm
If I had that help then I wont have a problem in the first place

Tefila

Post Wed, Nov 24 2004, 9:54 pm
What about a mothers helper, high school girl then!

Pickle Lady

Post Wed, Nov 24 2004, 10:28 pm
I try to do it on a regular basis, but sometimes it can really pile up like this week. So today was major laundry day.

micki

Post Wed, Nov 24 2004, 10:34 pm
we do laundry whenever. I try to do one load a day or he will if I'm not up to it. and if we get bwhind then he does 5,000 loads on sundays. in out toss into the empty playpen. then I get to dig and fold for the next 5 years.
naa- don't learn for me, I hate laundry...

Tefila

Post Wed, Nov 24 2004, 10:35 pm
Quote:
we do laundry whenever. I try to do one load a day or he will if I'm not up to it. and if we get bwhind then he does 5,000 loads on sundays. in out toss into the empty playpen. then I get to dig and fold for the next 5 years
LOL LOL where does baby go then?

micki

Post Wed, Nov 24 2004, 10:39 pm
ahh Tongue Out Very Happy baby is 2 yrs old chanuka- we don't lock him up anymore... plus we have 2 playpens! Twisted Evil
and it does get emptied every once in a while... Confused

Tefila

Post Wed, Nov 24 2004, 10:50 pm
Quote:
we don't lock him up anymore

Phew .... what a relief Wink
2 playpens anticipating twins Surprised

ForeverYoung

Post Thu, Nov 25 2004, 12:12 am
Quote:
I ALWAYS have either clean clothes to folded or put away and it's always on my bed

get laundry baskets for each family member, so after dumping it on your bed you can sort it quickly. The big family members get to fold & put away their own stuff, and for the younger ones... well, at least you know where to look for their clothes. At night the full baskets can be stocked up (make sure they lean on the wall & don't topple over on you) or shipped off intot he rooms of te happy owners of clean clothes

Hope it helps Wink

supermom

Post Thu, Nov 25 2004, 6:22 am
I hate doing laundry with five people I feel like I am doing laundry for an army. I got rid of bags of clothing and still there is so much laundry I have one room piled to the sky with laundry I can't handle it!!! I tackle it down once every once in a while.

I don;t like the basket idea if you keep piling the clothing into a basket they come out all wrinkled if they sit to long not like my way is better don't get me wrong. there needs to be a better way to do laundry

imanut

Post Thu, Nov 25 2004, 12:22 pm
I only do laundry once a week, but my problem is that the ppl in my apt. building never take their clothes out of the washing machine or drier!
they're always full. by now we just dump their clothes on top of the machines so we can do our laundry. it's usually not picked up by the time ours is done!

ForeverYoung

Post Thu, Nov 25 2004, 2:08 pm
we have similar situations,
but here we're very relaxed - we leave our laundry bags/ baskets so if we can't make it & somebody needs the machine, people dump it into our bags.

But this doesn't happen too often, B'H

avanya

Post Mon, Dec 06 2004, 3:35 pm
I have an okay system-- as long as you aren't into washing whites and color separately.... I have a washable bag-- like for hosery-- and my 5.5 year old fills it up. We then drop the whole thing in the washer and the the dryer and I give it back to her. She can smash all the pants in one drawer and the tops in another and so on. Ditto for my husband and myself. It works pretty well I think!

Tefila

Post Mon, Dec 06 2004, 6:03 pm
Quote:
I have a washable bag-- like for hosery-- and my 5.5 year old fills it up. We then drop the whole thing in the washer and the the dryer and I give it back to her

8) I am definatley going to try that!

Motek

Post Mon, Dec 06 2004, 6:18 pm
how about buying more underwear and socks and washing less often?

ditto for husband's shirts

as for kids' clothes, how about 3 outfits, each worn twice a week

depending on the age kid, clothes can be worn a few times
I know this is a horrifying thought to some, but ... well, nothing happens if you wear something a few times, especially if you use bibs/aprons

and if you say that it costs too much to buy extra underwear and clothing, I think it works out in the long run, bec. if you keep on washing a few things over and over, they quickly become shmattes

my question is: how do you keep whites, white like shirt collars?

I've tried different products, some do okay, but I haven't been wildly impressed with anything except lestoil on occasion, sometimes bleach
hate using lestoil and bleach

Tefila

Post Mon, Dec 06 2004, 6:39 pm
Quote:
as for kids' clothes, how about 3 outfits, each worn twice a week

Oh boy I tried that with my boys. Sometimes they wear same shirt twice unless dirty will not go in laundry till second wearing. And I can tell you they kept their shirts pretty clean etc but not clean enough for someone made a comment. shock
As far as keeping white shirts etc white sorry I am a big believer in bleach and soaking by collar and cuffs with a laundry stain remover, works wonders Exclamation Very Happy
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry