Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Keep that Yarmulke on!

RedVines

Post Mon, Apr 04 2005, 11:58 pm
What can I do? My newly upshernished little boy just will not keep his yarmulke on or its at least a fight.... Any tips or ideas?

Tefila

Post Tue, Apr 05 2005, 12:29 am
Put self adhesive velcro on the inside of it. And it will stay on and only come off when taken off. But it won't fall off!

sarahd

Post Tue, Apr 05 2005, 3:49 am
Don't fight with him. Eventually he'll become used to it and it'll be second nature to him. If you force it on him, he'll have negative associations with it. I have never seen a boy who half a year max after his upsherin doesn't have his yarmulke on. It's a getting used to it process.

merpk

Post Tue, May 24 2005, 1:53 pm
We just every so often say, "[Name], where's your kippa?" And then go get him one. We have them all over the house for this stage LOL just so they're readily available at any given moment. We try not to make a big deal out of it, just a smiley sort of reminder and then on to the next subject.

Absolutely never, ever get angry or frustrated or upset about it. Always with a smile, and on to the next topic, and soon enough it's just part of his head ...

Smile

RedVines

Post Tue, May 24 2005, 1:59 pm
Actually, My little one has been keeping his yarmulke on, we make it a game, if it falls off I say "hmmm somethings missing...what could it be?"

after awhile he has caught on, no he smiles and says "my YARMULKE!"

Its great and I also find having many different yarm. helps too.

B"H though he really keeps it on!!!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers