Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Meat
Stir Fry Meat dish

Della

Post Wed, Dec 07 2011, 11:09 am
Can anyone recommend a good cut of meat to use in stir fry with peppers? I've tried chinese pepper steak but it's been tough. Thanks!

newlywed19

Post Wed, Dec 07 2011, 2:26 pm
I think every butcher cuts differently. I hear London broil is very good for pepper steak but I was trying to save $ so I bought the pre cut pepper steak (prob lesser quality meat) and I 1st seasoned and fried in egg and flour then I sautd onion added peppers and then the meats with teryaki and it came out extremely soft and delicious actually!

Let me know what you find out Smile

shoemaker

Post Wed, Dec 07 2011, 3:02 pm
minute steak is great just cut it to small pcs.

Della

Post Wed, Dec 07 2011, 3:05 pm
Oh, good! I just bought minute steaks. Just cut up smaller and sautee? Or dip in flour first as newlywed19 suggested?

ra_mom

Post Wed, Dec 07 2011, 4:32 pm
Whether you use pepper steak or minute steak, you should simmer the meat for about 2 hours. Both cuts need long slow cooking if you want it tender.

Della

Post Wed, Dec 07 2011, 8:15 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Whether you use pepper steak or minute steak, you should simmer the meat for about 2 hours. Both cuts need long slow cooking if you want it tender.

Thanks!! So it's not a quick stir fry type. I didn't read that until just now, much too late LOL!!!!

The meat was tough, and again had a vein running through it that grossed out my kids...

OOTBubby

Post Wed, Dec 07 2011, 8:21 pm
I don't know if 2 hours is really needed -- I find that a little over an hour is adequate for pepper steak meat. It comes out nice and soft then.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Dec 07 2011, 8:41 pm
Monsey Mom wrote:
ra_mom wrote:

Thanks!! So it's not a quick stir fry type. I didn't read that until just now, much too late LOL!!!!

The meat was tough, and again had a vein running through it that grossed out my kids...
London broil is better for a stir fry. But it won't be butter soft.
Or, if you're going for a salty and tasty meat and pepper dish without a sauce (a dressing would work better here), you can use skirt steak.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics