Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Lack of bitachon or hishtadlus?

amother

Post Thu, Dec 08 2011, 2:47 am
I wasn't sure if those should be in emotional health or not but here it goes:

We have just been kindly notified that the authorities will come take all our worldly possessions away within a couple of hours unless we can get them a few thousand shekel before time is up. Background doesn't matter but we have asked numerous times to pay them
In payments over several months they wouldn't hear of it..

Question: is it considered a lack of bitachon in Hashem
If I bring my candlesticks and a couple other sentimental valuables (husbands esrog box I bought him
When we were engaged, challah cover my grandmother embroidered for us..) to my friend or is that considered doing my hishtadlus and bejng realistic in a difficult situation we may not be able to prevent?

StrongIma

Post Thu, Dec 08 2011, 3:01 am
how awful!!

taking care of yourself in this way sounds to me like the mature and realistic thing to do and not a lack of bitachon. WE are supposed to take action bederech hateva (unless of course you're on the madreiga of the baal shem tov and emotionally able to say that if those things are taken that it was ratzon H' as well as firmly believe that nothing you would have done could have prevented it.)

yeshar koach for thinking proactively. Hug Hug

grace413

Post Thu, Dec 08 2011, 3:44 am
Do it.

This is probably something you've tried, but is there any chance of getting the money from a gemach or a friend and paying them back over several months?

shalhevet

Post Thu, Dec 08 2011, 4:22 am
Oy, I am so sorry OP. I hope you have parnassa tova very quickly.

Why is it a lack of bitachon? It was mishamayim that they told you and it means Hashem is giving you the siyata dishmaya to do this b'derech hateva. If He had wanted you not to take those things to a friend, He would have arranged it that you wouldn't have known in advance.

amother

Post Thu, Dec 08 2011, 4:33 am
shalhevet wrote:
Oy, I am so sorry OP. I hope you have parnassa tova very quickly.

Why is it a lack of bitachon? It was mishamayim that they told you and it means Hashem is giving you the siyata dishmaya to do this b'derech hateva. If He had wanted you not to take those things to a friend, He would have arranged it that you wouldn't have known in advance.

Thank you. You're right.

We've tried a bunch of things apparently not to the fullest B"h the one friend I cried to is able to help us and BE"h were going to get through this.

chizuk

Post Thu, Dec 08 2011, 4:37 am
this is such a big test. we are davening, hashem should send you a yeshua immediately. wish we were in a financial situation that we could have helped you. please notify us of a good outcome

amother

Post Thu, Dec 08 2011, 7:07 am
chizuk wrote:
this is such a big test. we are davening, hashem should send you a yeshua immediately. wish we were in a financial situation that we could have helped you. please notify us of a good outcome

Thank you and Amen!!!

We've been going through the worst possible time. Whenever we think we've hit rock bottom
Somehow it gets worse..

As for todays situation we BH have amazing amazing friends and within a few hours should be able to pay eveything we apparently owe them and slowly slowly were trying to pay everyone else too..

Thank you guys- you've been awesome and my candle sticks are safe at home Smile

chizuk

Post Thu, Dec 08 2011, 9:31 am
saw a great magnet : when you are down to nothing, hashem is up to something. we will continue davening. I already told my husband to keep your family in mind too. hashem knows who you are.

grin

Post Thu, Dec 08 2011, 10:22 am
so nice to hear!
I guess part of your hishtadlus was letting us know so we could daven for you too Very Happy

amother

Post Thu, Dec 08 2011, 12:47 pm
You guys are making me cry.. But in a good way!! And to think that I was hesitant about posting this. Besides for you only the friend that helped us knows neither of our parents or my best friend knows. And I'm actually trying to hide this from everyone because I don't need te extra looks and worries IRL.

I'm also pregnant and only just past the 14 week mark needless to say my DH and friend are very worries abt my stress levels.. So all your chizuk, thoughts and prayers are helping me stay calm.

You guys are amazing!!!

HindaRochel

Post Thu, Dec 08 2011, 1:10 pm
I think that is quite a smart thing to do.
Hashem should protect you, and may you find parnassah quickly!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics