Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes
Kugel for Shabbos lunchtime

mummy-bh

Post Tue, Dec 13 2011, 6:58 am
I need tips on keeping a potato kugel warm, to be eaten on shabbos day. I want to leave in on the plata overnight. I've tried a couple of times to keep in wrapped well in foil, on an upturned baking tray, but both times the bottom of the kugel burned, even though it was a good 2 inches from the plata itself.
The kids love the kugel all soft and mushy!

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Dec 13 2011, 7:07 am
put it into the cholent

mummy-bh

Post Tue, Dec 13 2011, 7:10 am
ah, there's the thing. I rarely make cholent, because not many of us like it, but we all like hot kugel so I want to find an efficient way of keeping in on the plata.

shalhevet

Post Tue, Dec 13 2011, 7:15 am
Why don't you just heat it up in the morning on the plata? Put it on something metal to raise it (I use my oven shelf) about 2 hours before you eat it.

xoxo1

Post Tue, Dec 13 2011, 7:19 am
just add a little water in to kugel so the bottom does not burn,

elkayed

Post Tue, Dec 13 2011, 4:28 pm
Y not make an overnight kugel in your oven? Oven can be set to turn off lunchtime..

ra_mom

Post Tue, Dec 13 2011, 7:55 pm
Overnight kugel sounds like a great idea. Pour some water over the baked kugel, and stick it in the oven at 200 or lower right before Shabbos.

BZBEE

Post Wed, Dec 14 2011, 1:48 pm
What I do is cover it really well with foil, then place it in a bigger pan which is filled with water, and cover that really well too. It keeps it really moist and does not dry out.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes