Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Stains on my stove :(

chocolate chips

Post Wed, Dec 28 2011, 9:47 pm
So I know I am really bad at this BUT!

Today I decided that I will clean my stove. It was filthy and I hadn't had a chance in a long time (did I mention I hate/really bad at doing it embarrassed and dh usually ends up doing the best job). So I sprayed the stove and decided to let it soak a while because it was so bad and I went shopping. Came home, forgot about it and remembered when I had to make supper!!
So it was still soaking so I decided to just cook up the pasta and then clean it after supper.
When dh started cleaning it (yeh forget me doing it now Rolling Eyes ) there were grey stains left behind that don't come off with spray or water.

I have a white frigidaire....so does anyone have any clue how I can get these gray marks off or is it there forever?? Crying

campmommy

Post Wed, Dec 28 2011, 10:22 pm
I don't have an answer for your staining, but I wanted to tell you that next time, skip the caustic spray and use baking soda and very hot water. Leave it on the really tough spots overnight and the not so tough spots for as long as you want and the next day it will come off with paper towels!!!!! You may need to scrub a bit, I use a scotch brite and it's good enough, you just have to make sure it won't scratch your stove. Yay baking soda!! Since I started doing this, my husband has been relieved from stove duty!

ra_mom

Post Thu, Dec 29 2011, 12:07 am
did you try 'soft scrub with bleach' along with a scotch brite?

gold21

Post Thu, Dec 29 2011, 12:10 am
you need to use something like SoftScrub with Bleach or Clorox with Bleach, and you need to use steel wool.

chocolate chips

Post Thu, Dec 29 2011, 11:25 am
Dh uses steel wool, the kosher ones with soap in he claims this is the only way.
But these stains are bugging me now...next time I will try the baking soda...so no release for my stains? Sad I guess it will teach me not to be so lazy Very Happy

Laughing Bag!

Post Thu, Dec 29 2011, 11:55 am
campmommy wrote:
I don't have an answer for your staining, but I wanted to tell you that next time, skip the caustic spray and use baking soda and very hot water. Leave it on the really tough spots overnight and the not so tough spots for as long as you want and the next day it will come off with paper towels!!!!! You may need to scrub a bit, I use a scotch brite and it's good enough, you just have to make sure it won't scratch your stove. Yay baking soda!! Since I started doing this, my husband has been relieved from stove duty!

I second Baking Soda I Sprinkle up my Stove with it then either spray an all purpose cleaner or just hot water and then let it sit it does come off with the wipe of a paper towel however tuffer stains may need a bit of scrubbing which the steel wool comes in handy.
anyway for your current marks try using the MAGIC SPUNGE oh it really does Magic! good luck Smile

MGmom

Post Thu, Dec 29 2011, 12:40 pm
Mr clean magic eraser for stains. Grease and dirt I use soft scrub, or wtvr is under the sink... but that super for stains! There same thing from company SANO which is same quality

chocolate chips

Post Thu, Dec 29 2011, 1:50 pm
ok im going on the search for magic spunge or mr cleaner stain thing....hope it works.

Thanks ladies I really appreciate it Smile
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry