Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Photography and Fine Art
Camera suggestions please!!

Peek-a-boo

Post Thu, Jan 05 2012, 4:56 pm
Hi,
I currently have the Canon sd980 digital elph. I'm pretty happy with it but I am looking to invest in something that will take pictures with better lighting and sharper quality on a more professional standard. Preferably something not too bulky. Thanks so much for your suggestions!

shopdrop

Post Thu, Jan 05 2012, 6:43 pm
If you are looking for something to give you more professional quality results, and you don't want too bulky I would suggest the G series Canon. If you don't want to spend a lot for the G12, you might have luck finding a used G9 or G10, G11 picture quality would still be great with those. The Canon S95 should also be great too, although I personally never used it so don't know the difference. If you don't mind bulky, then I would highly recommend the Nikon D90 or Canon Rebels you can get real professional results with those and all professional quality lenses work with them. Good Luck!!

Peek-a-boo

Post Fri, Jan 06 2012, 3:54 am
thx shopdrop!
Any more input anyone or feedback about the g12?
Also looking into the s95... tia!

daisy

Post Fri, Jan 06 2012, 11:17 am
I am looking for a very high quality point and shoot and am seriously considering the panasonic lumix lx5. It is comparable to the s95.

seeker

Post Fri, Jan 06 2012, 11:41 am
Canon S95 is supposed to be exactly (?) the same picture quality, etc, as G12 just smaller and cheaper and possibly smoother to handle. It's basically the same kishkas in a different case. So unless you want to attach external flash via hotshoe or something, you may as well save money and space on the S95.

Don't know much about the Panasonic. They get similar ratings and the differences seem to be personal preference, so maybe try them on for size in a store.

To be honest, I'm not sure how much any of these will improve on your Elph. I don't know about the specific one you have, but they're generally very good point-n-shoots. If you're looking for real professional quality and already have a P&S you like, maybe what you're looking for is a low-end DSLR.

seeker

Post Fri, Jan 06 2012, 12:13 pm
A google hint: While you can spend a lot of time reading reviews of all the cameras, try googling two specific ones you're comparing, such as "Canon S95 vs G12" or "Canon s95 vs Panasonic Lumix" and you'll see many have compared them already.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Photography and Fine Art