Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes
Substitute for soy milk?

Mimisinger

Post Fri, Jan 06 2012, 9:44 am
I don't have any soy milk at home and want to make something pareve. (I also don't have any other non dairy milks. Any ideas? It's for a sweet potato kugel
Thanks!

shoemaker

Post Fri, Jan 06 2012, 9:51 am
coffee whitner.

eytse

Post Fri, Jan 06 2012, 9:54 am
1 cup water, 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, and a little sugar is what I would do. I often use that mixture as a milk substitute instead of soy in baking, because sometimes soy has a weird aftertaste.

granolamom

Post Fri, Jan 06 2012, 10:02 am
eytse wrote:
1 cup water, 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, and a little sugar is what I would do. I often use that mixture as a milk substitute instead of soy in baking, because sometimes soy has a weird aftertaste.

I would probably use this. maybe decrease the water to 3/4 cup and throw in an extra egg white.

I once made my own almond milk, but dont remember how. I think I soaked the almonds for a few hours and then blended. it was a while ago. I found the recipe on youtube.

Mimisinger

Post Fri, Jan 06 2012, 1:27 pm
Thanks, I looked elsewhere I finally found - just use water and some egg whites. So I did that. There was plenty of sugar and oil in the kugel and I can't do nuts in our house due to allergies. Thanks again.

OOTBubby

Post Fri, Jan 06 2012, 1:41 pm
For a recipe like that, orange juice should work.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes