Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Gel Manicures

amother

Post Mon, Jan 16 2012, 9:12 pm
What's your experience with them? I don't really see frum woman with them, probably because it lasts for 2 weeks + and it's a waste to take it off before it doesn't look good anymore Smile

chavamom

Post Tue, Jan 17 2012, 5:45 am
I just got one. If you time it right, it's not an issue.

veganesther

Post Tue, Jan 17 2012, 5:49 am
I started getting them to celebrate my freedom from having to separate and count and inspect....of course 3 weeks after having them done my "friend"
returned after a 6 month hiatus... I have not gone back to getting my nails done and its now 5 years later.

OOTBubby

Post Tue, Jan 17 2012, 9:02 am
I got them for a while (I'm post menopause so timing wasn't a factor). I really loved them as I mess up regular manicures fast (even before I leave the salon!).

Once I stopped, though, I found they ruined my nails (actually I think it is the removal process that ruined my nails). My nails were so brittle and constantly breaking off right at the tip. It took many months to get my nails back to normal.

Ruchel

Post Tue, Jan 17 2012, 9:03 am
You may want to ask a shaila if you can toivel with them if they look good and are meant to stay a long time.

amother

Post Wed, Jan 18 2012, 7:42 pm
OP here- It's not an issue for me because I'm on bc pills and I take 3 packs in a row... I was just curious about people's experiences with them, because as OOT Bubby wrote- I read that it can cause damage to your nails. I think it's a much nicer look then regular nail polish too.

mynameismom

Post Wed, Jan 18 2012, 7:47 pm
Gel manicures - look great and last 2 weeks. I love them but they ruin my nails. After two rounds I need to completely grow my nails out before trying again.

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Wed, Jan 18 2012, 7:51 pm
I get a gel manicure once in a while. It does make my nails more brittle, so I wouldn't do 2 gels back to back, or my nails would be in a sad state for a long time.

sweetnsalty

Post Sun, Jan 22 2012, 6:16 pm
agreed with above posters. gel manicures look AMAZING but do cause your nails to be brittle. Then you get frustrated waiting for them to grow back and stop tearing

chocolate chips

Post Sun, Jan 22 2012, 7:16 pm
THey look great and last ages but it can ruin your nails and can hurt taking it off.
Unless you do the correct soaking etc the place I went to to take it off after my 7bs, just filed and filed and I cried from pain!

chavamom

Post Mon, Jan 23 2012, 9:12 pm
The place I go doesn't file at all. They wrap your nails in aluminum foil with cotton soaked in 100% acetone and then it comes right off (they have a tool that sort of pops it off).
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics