Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs
Here's something you can do to help Chaim Dovid Ben Necha
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

ray family

Post Mon, Feb 20 2012, 2:12 pm
I actually don't live in Yerushalayim. we still do it where I live.
Bli Neder I will try to light 10 min earlier.

seeker

Post Thu, Mar 01 2012, 6:59 pm
Just wanted to say I hope things are going well for you. Always davening. I did light a little early last Shabbos, too!

the world's best mom

Post Thu, Mar 01 2012, 9:59 pm
Thank you. Actually, this week was a bit tough. Instead of his tumor markers going down as expected after the surgery, they went down a bit and then started going up again. They did scans and found another tumor in his lungs- probably that same tumor that they couldn't find last time. He is scheduled to have surgery again on Monday.

seeker

Post Thu, Mar 01 2012, 10:51 pm
Aw snap. Hope the surgery goes well. Stinky having to go through that again so soon...

the world's best mom

Post Fri, Apr 27 2012, 6:50 am
I haven't updated in a long time, but we have more news that isn't great.

Chaim Dovid had his third surgery almost 2 months ago, but they found another tumor right after. He is now on chemo. They were able to rearrange his chemo schedule so that he could go to Eretz Yisroel for Pesach. He went and had a great time.

They did a CAT scan last week which shows 2 lesions in his chest. One has shrunk and the other has grown a little bit. The doctor said that might be from rearranging the chemo schedule. He's not concerned about that. However, they had found a dead tumor on his hip months ago, and that is now growing. He will be meeting with the doctor to discuss changing chemos and adding radiation for his hip.

We have a whole group of people who are lighting candles 10 minutes early every week for his Z'chus. We appreciate the efforts of everyone who joins. And of course, Tehillim is helpful too.

the world's best mom

Post Fri, Jun 01 2012, 7:43 am
New update: they had stopped the chemo Chaim Dovid was on once they saw that the tumor on his hip was growing. Now he had radiation on that tumor. He had 3 choices of treatments for his lungs, and he saw 4 doctors this week to discuss the options. He decided to start chemo again in 10 days, and then a week later, he will have radiofrequency ablation, which is a treatment that involves sticking a needle into the area with the tumor and freezing it or burning it or something like that.

His arm started hurting him this week, and the doctor said it seems like there's a new tumor there, but he's not paying attention to it right now because they wouldn't treat it yet anyway. They'll look into it after they're finished with the tumors by his lungs. He said it seems to be close to the skin and hopefully minor.

zissy2004

Post Fri, Jun 01 2012, 11:39 am
Im so sorry to hear that, This is awful, that so many tumors keep on appearing..
A big refuah sheleimah to him and I will try to light early for him.
((hugs))

seeker

Post Fri, Jun 01 2012, 12:08 pm
Oh gosh I'm so sorry. I am still lighting early whenever I can in his z'chus.

the world's best mom

Post Fri, Jun 01 2012, 1:40 pm
Thank you.

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Jun 01 2012, 6:37 pm
I can't light any earlier as I'm already lighting at plag, but let the fact that things are calm enough for me to sit for a few minute break here be a zechus, and I've said and will say more tehillim. My thoughts are with him and family.

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Mon, Jun 04 2012, 5:28 pm
refuah shelaima SPEEDY & COMPLETE!!

chevron

Post Mon, Jun 04 2012, 5:38 pm
I will try for this week may he have a refuah sheleima speedily!

the world's best mom

Post Tue, Jun 05 2012, 6:36 am
Thank you. It is greatly appreciated.

the world's best mom

Post Thu, Jun 14 2012, 9:09 am
Some good news: the thing on Chaim Dovid's arm is not a tumor! It's just a skin problem.

His tumor markers have been going down since he had the radiation on his hip. He restarted chemo this past Monday. Ablation is scheduled for this coming Monday. Hopefully all of this will help.

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Fri, Jun 15 2012, 3:07 pm
the world's best mom wrote:
Some good news: the thing on Chaim Dovid's arm is not a tumor! It's just a skin problem.

His tumor markers have been going down since he had the radiation on his hip. He restarted chemo this past Monday. Ablation is scheduled for this coming Monday. Hopefully all of this will help.

thanx for the update!!
may he have a speedy & full recovery!!!
hope he can join u guys up in the country for the fresh air in good health Smile

seeker

Post Fri, Jun 15 2012, 3:40 pm
Thanks for the update - that's a lovely surprise about the arm "tumor!" Hope the others disappear without further fanfare as well!!!!!

Last week was the first in a while that I didn't light early; I was all ready early for a change but it was SO early that I sat down to rest for a few and fell fast asleep until by some crazy hashgacha I popped awake EXACTLY in time to light embarrassed But this week I think we're going to make real early shabbos!

the world's best mom

Post Fri, Jun 15 2012, 3:56 pm
Thanks. He is hoping to join us in the country, though he'll have to come home for chemo every Monday. We're both very excited that he'll be able to be there the rest of the week (unless we have any more unpleasant surprises).

Thanks to all who continue to light early.

the world's best mom

Post Tue, Jun 26 2012, 10:28 pm
We had some more excellent news yesterday. His tumor markers were over 12,000 before his radiation. (Normal is 2 or 3.) After the radiation they were 10,000. Now, after his ablation and some chemo, they are 1,571.8! He still has a ways to go to get him all the way down, but this is a small fraction of what it used to be.

seeker

Post Tue, Jun 26 2012, 10:32 pm
Thanks for the happy update!

Yakira

Post Thu, Jun 28 2012, 8:18 pm
I'm sorry I just found this thread. I think about (Chaim) Dovid and your whole family so often and have had him in mind many times in tefilos and baking challah. I will mention his name while lighting candles early as well.

Warm regards to your whole family and please keep updating us with good news.
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics