Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Child-related inquiries
Girls Schools in FR Area

PinkandYellow

Post Wed, Jan 25 2012, 3:52 pm
I'm moving to NY, LI/FR area, and need a school for my daughter for Pre-1A next year. I was looking at TAG, but every time I speak to the admin, they reiterate that they don't have space for her. So I'm giving up on TAG but now need to know what else is out there for girls in that area. Any ideas? TIA.

Pineapple

Post Wed, Jan 25 2012, 3:53 pm
Bnos bais yaakov

middy

Post Wed, Jan 25 2012, 4:38 pm
they are also opening a new school in september

gumby

Post Wed, Jan 25 2012, 6:20 pm
Rabbi Neuman is opening a new Bais Yaakov in fr. I heard wonderful things and since they are a new school they will be so happy to work with you in any way.

Ema of 5

Post Wed, Jan 25 2012, 6:41 pm
I took my daughter (2.5) for an interview at BY Ateres Miriam (the new school) it sounds like it is going to be a small, warm school. rabbi neuman told me he doesnt want to have more than 3 parallel classes for a given grade. they are opening nursery, kindergarten, and pre-1A this year. mrs leah zysman will be the director of the preschool, and I think the plan is for her to eventually move to become the principal.

for more info, you can call them (718)868-3232
if they dont answer (I have actually never gotten a person on this number yet, but I assume that will change) leave them a short message and they will get back to you.

hatzlacha raba!!

PinkandYellow

Post Wed, Jan 25 2012, 8:49 pm
Any ideas how Bnos Bais Yaakov and the new school compare to each other in frumkeit? Whats the best way to find out about the schools. I mean, I guess I will just give them a call and apply but I guess I'd feel more comfortable knowing a bit about them first. How many kids, around, will be in Rabbi Neuman's preschool classes, each?

Sherri

Post Wed, Jan 25 2012, 8:50 pm
Is this Rabbi Neuman from Queens?

middy

Post Wed, Jan 25 2012, 8:53 pm
Yes

tovli toraspicha

Post Wed, Jan 25 2012, 9:07 pm
Rabbi Moshe Neuman from Bais Yaakov of Queens is opening a new school? Or is this a different Rabbi Neuman?

nylon

Post Wed, Jan 25 2012, 11:05 pm
I'm nt as up on current trends so I can't actually answer this, but exactly what are you looking for? There is overlap between TAG and other schools in both directions so a little detail would be helpful.

middy

Post Thu, Jan 26 2012, 11:37 am
tovli toraspicha wrote:
Rabbi Moshe Neuman from Bais Yaakov of Queens is opening a new school? Or is this a different Rabbi Neuman?

same rabbi neuman

middy

Post Thu, Jan 26 2012, 11:40 am
from the 5 towns jewish times:

Thursday, 22 December 2011 07:03

Far Rockaway has been blessed with two wonderful girls’ schools, Bnos Bais Yaakov and Torah Academy for Girls. Recently it was announced that a third girls’ school will be calling Far Rockaway its home. Bais Yaakov Ateres Miriam will b’ezras Hashem be opening in September 2012. The school will be led by Rabbi Nosson Neuman, former associate dean of Bais Yaakov Academy of Queens. It will initially open with a class for nursery, kindergarten, and pre-1a. Mrs. Leah Zytman, the former menaheles of Lev Bais Yaakov in Brooklyn, will be the pre-school director. Rumor has it that they are in negotiations with Yeshiva Darchei Torah to rent the vacant school building on Heyson Road (between Beach 12th and 13th Streets). That building was temporarily used by Darchei while its campus was under construction.

sorry, it's rabbi nosson neuman from by of queens

Ema of 5

Post Thu, Jan 26 2012, 11:45 am
PinkandYellow wrote:
Any ideas how Bnos Bais Yaakov and the new school compare to each other in frumkeit? Whats the best way to find out about the schools. I mean, I guess I will just give them a call and apply but I guess I'd feel more comfortable knowing a bit about them first. How many kids, around, will be in Rabbi Neuman's preschool classes, each?

I didnt speak to rabbi neuman about exact numbers, but when I went for the interview a few weeks ago he told me he was almost ready to close nursery, and if I recall correctly he had one class.

is rabbi moshe neuman possibly his father, who he replaced at BY?

Charnie

Post Sun, Mar 20 2016, 11:10 am
The principal is Rabbi Nossan Neuman, Rabbi Moshe Neuman's son. R' N Neuman worked with his father for many years at BYQ and is a wonderful person! Always easy to work with.

Iymnok

Post Sun, Mar 20 2016, 11:12 am
Charnie wrote:
The principal is Rabbi Nossan Neuman, Rabbi Moshe Neuman's son. R' N Neuman worked with his father for many years at BYQ and is a wonderful person! Always easy to work with.

This is 4 years old...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Child-related inquiries