Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Which Mop Should I Buy?

Shore

Post Fri, Jan 27 2012, 11:25 am
I had a clorox roller mop, and it was ok, but when I changed the head, the whole start to malfunction. Last week I cleaned the floors on my hands and knees, and while they came out pretty clean, it was wayy too much work for me. Today I plan on going to Target to buy a new mop - I am considering buying a microfiber mop because I cant stand seeing little specs of who-knows-what that other mops dont pick up. Would you recommend this? If yes, what other features should I look for? If no, what would you recommend instead? I hope to go out in about an hour or so (around 12:30) so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!! TIA
(P.S. I did do some research, but I trust imamothers most!!)

chocolate chips

Post Fri, Jan 27 2012, 11:54 am
I have a shark steam mop. It plugs in and you fill with water but it cleans amazing!! only with steam! no other sprays needed.

It is quite expensive though but worth it.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Fri, Jan 27 2012, 12:01 pm
I use the LIbman Freedom Mop and it's great for quick moppings. I don't think it does a good job at really stuck on foods (like raisins, thank you kids), but that might be my floor. I don't know.

I'd really just like to get a sponja stick Wink

Anyway, I use the Freedom mop and think it's great for basic mopping -- the pad is reusable, you can use any cleaning agent you want, no batteries.

Fabulous

Post Fri, Jan 27 2012, 12:08 pm
chocolate chips wrote:
I have a shark steam mop. It plugs in and you fill with water but it cleans amazing!! only with steam! no other sprays needed.

Does it clean kitchen and hardwood floors? Because I am spending so much on "cheaper" mops that don't work and constantly get dirty and broken that I really want a good quality one that will last.

ETA: wow! When you say expensive, you mean it! How long does it last?
http://www.sharkclean.com/Shar.....ucts/
Which one do you have?

Fabulous

Post Sun, Feb 05 2012, 10:33 pm
cc, I'm bumping this up because I'm still researching.

Grandmama

Post Mon, Feb 06 2012, 1:09 am
I love the one I got at costco. It was about $12. on sale and came with an extra pad. The pad is machine washable, it slips on and off easily, and does a quick neat job. Of course a dirtier job might need a scrub, but mostly I just use plain hot water, and almost everything comes off. Its a great mop for the price.
The pad is lime green, and washes beautifully.

Fabulous

Post Mon, Feb 06 2012, 10:57 pm
Grandmama wrote:
I love the one I got at costco. It was about $12. on sale and came with an extra pad. The pad is machine washable, it slips on and off easily, and does a quick neat job. Of course a dirtier job might need a scrub, but mostly I just use plain hot water, and almost everything comes off. Its a great mop for the price.
The pad is lime green, and washes beautifully.

A steam mop was $12?? The one's I see online are between $100-$200

chocolate chips

Post Mon, Feb 06 2012, 11:40 pm
Fabulous wrote:
chocolate chips wrote:

Does it clean kitchen and hardwood floors? Because I am spending so much on "cheaper" mops that don't work and constantly get dirty and broken that I really want a good quality one that will last.

ETA: wow! When you say expensive, you mean it! How long does it last?
http://www.sharkclean.com/Shar.....ucts/
Which one do you have?

Yes its expensive. I have this oneshark steam mop and I love it. I also bought an extra set of pads for the bottom from amazon this way I always have clean ones.
I bought it on onesaleaday.com it was on special offer a few weeks ago, I only paid $30. Check out all these sites especially the one I mentioned coz they often have special prices for steam mops.

edited to add yes it does clean all types of floors, bathroom, wood, lino, apparently carpet too but I have yet to try it.

Grandmama

Post Tue, Feb 07 2012, 12:23 am
I bought one of the steam mops, and did not like it at all!

This one, for $12, is just a stick, with a removable washable microfiber pad, that snaps easily on and off. I pour a cup of boiling water on the floor, and Wipe clean with the mop. It can be rinsed and reused in a pail of water, and it can be machine washed. Who needs steam? If I need I add a cleanser to the water, otherwise I just do it twice, and it shines. Hot water will remove 98% of the dirt in the house, the other 2% needs ajax, a fine steelwool pad, or a bit of elbow grease. Or a combination of the above. On wood floors I use less water. I am using it since it came out a year or two ago, and I give it to my cleaning help as well, as they no longer want to scrub on their hands and knees, and I really don't blame them.
Of course its never as clean as a hand made job, but it takes a quarter of the time, so they can do it twice if necessary.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Feb 12 2012, 10:50 pm
Fabulous, which mop do you have now? What don't you like about it?
I've been using this one for years. Love that I can just throw the mop part in the machine, and I love the shape since it cleans well from that position. All BP hardware stores sell it.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/produ.....H2QVY

Grandmama

Post Sun, Feb 12 2012, 11:01 pm
The one costco sells is so good, because it has no velcro, the mop snaps up the microfiber cloth instead.
Its made by scotch brite, excellent quality, and easy to care for.

Amazon has it listed as such

3M Scotch-Brite M-005 Microfiber Hardwood Floor Mop

Costco has it for much less with a free extra refill pad. For $14. at costco, its a steal. List price without a refill on Amazon is $20 plus shipping fees.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry