Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Removing blood stains... save my pants
1  2  Next

amother

Post Sun, Jan 29 2012, 10:55 am
how can I get blood stains out of my pajama pants?

I tried out a new pad company and I have to call to complain. They did not work. Exploding anger I put my sheets thru the wash twice with regular detergent and the blood came out. Whew

the mattress protector doesn't fit in my washing machine so I poured hot water over the stain in the bathtub. Most of the blood came out and I did a google search to find out how to get out the rest of the stain and my friend Mr. Google said never use hot water. So I poured salt on the blood and soaked it in cold water. It didnt work. I poured shampoo on the blood and worked up a good lather and B"H the blood is gone! Whew

and now for the pants... I put them thru the wash with detergent twice, then again with stain remover, windex and shampoo. I left it soaking in cold water and shampoo overnight. This all got the blood out of my underwear but not the pants.At wits end

Mr. Google is out of ideas so now I turn to you, my dear imamother friends...HELP! save my pants! Help

ray family

Post Sun, Jan 29 2012, 10:59 am
I'm not sure if it'll help now. just fyi for the future peroxide is amazing at taking out blood stains.
try it maybe it'll still work

Strawberry2

Post Sun, Jan 29 2012, 11:11 am
I soak things bloody clothing in cold water overnight.

amother

Post Sun, Jan 29 2012, 11:28 am
ray family wrote:
I'm not sure if it'll help now. just fyi for the future peroxide is amazing at taking out blood stains.
try it maybe it'll still work

google also suggested hydrogen peroxide but we dont have any in the house

amother

Post Sun, Jan 29 2012, 11:29 am
Strawberry2 wrote:
I soak things bloody clothing in cold water overnight.

I tried this and it didnt work Sad

HindaRochel

Post Sun, Jan 29 2012, 11:35 am
Try Murphy's Oil Soap...worked wonders after my babies were born at home.

imaima

Post Sun, Jan 29 2012, 11:44 am
amother wrote:
how can I get blood stains out of my pajama pants?

I tried out a new pad company and I have to call to complain. They did not work. Exploding anger I put my sheets thru the wash twice with regular detergent and the blood came out. Whew

the mattress protector doesn't fit in my washing machine so I poured hot water over the stain in the bathtub. Most of the blood came out and I did a google search to find out how to get out the rest of the stain and my friend Mr. Google said never use hot water. So I poured salt on the blood and soaked it in cold water. It didnt work. I poured shampoo on the blood and worked up a good lather and B"H the blood is gone! Whew

and now for the pants... I put them thru the wash with detergent twice, then again with stain remover, windex and shampoo. I left it soaking in cold water and shampoo overnight. This all got the blood out of my underwear but not the pants.At wits end

Mr. Google is out of ideas so now I turn to you, my dear imamother friends...HELP! save my pants! Help

To remove blood stains I hand wash in cold water and they come out right away. I don't know if it will work with your pants now, as it was supposed to be the first thing you did. I think the hot water prevents blood from washing out.

paprika

Post Sun, Jan 29 2012, 12:20 pm
Wet the stain and pour salt over it. Salt sucks out blood, as it does in kashering chickens.

cbsmommy

Post Sun, Jan 29 2012, 12:30 pm
Hydrogen peroxide.

amother

Post Sun, Jan 29 2012, 1:35 pm
imaima wrote:
To remove blood stains I hand wash in cold water and they come out right away. I don't know if it will work with your pants now, as it was supposed to be the first thing you did. I think the hot water prevents blood from washing out.

I did not wash the pants in hot water. I only used hot water on the mattress protector and that stain did come out

amother

Post Sun, Jan 29 2012, 1:38 pm
HindaRochel wrote:
Try Murphy's Oil Soap...worked wonders after my babies were born at home.

I never heard of this. Is it expensive?

amother

Post Sun, Jan 29 2012, 1:40 pm
paprika wrote:
Wet the stain and pour salt over it. Salt sucks out blood, as it does in kashering chickens.
I tried this and it didnt work

imaima

Post Sun, Jan 29 2012, 1:41 pm
amother wrote:
imaima wrote:

I did not wash the pants in hot water. I only used hot water on the mattress protector and that stain did come out

you said you put them through the wash with detergent - what temp was it?

amother

Post Sun, Jan 29 2012, 1:51 pm
I know I sound ungrateful, but I really do appreciate all the replies.

I just wish someone would suggest something I didnt try yet...

Fabulous

Post Sun, Jan 29 2012, 1:56 pm
I don't know about blood and now you don't really have much to lose at this point. I use oxyclean soaking for several hours for stains. BUT, it must be done in hot water. Good luck!

imaima

Post Sun, Jan 29 2012, 1:57 pm
amother wrote:
I know I sound ungrateful, but I really do appreciate all the replies.

I just wish someone would suggest something I didnt try yet...

dry clean?

I'm afraid, trying EVERYTHING is not going to help. Are you sure you can't live with a stain in that particular spot on your pyjamas?

amother

Post Sun, Jan 29 2012, 1:58 pm
imaima wrote:
amother wrote:
imaima wrote:

you said you put them through the wash with detergent - what temp was it?

some loads were warm/cold and then I stated doing it on cold/cold

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jan 29 2012, 2:06 pm
Windex!
So simple and works like a charm! (Thanks HAPPYMOMMY!)
Just spray, and wash as usual.
(I like to make sure the stain is out before I actually put the clothes in to wash, so I make the stain wet with cold water, spray with Windex, then brush out the stain with a cleaning toothbrush. Once it's out, I was the garment as usual.)

chavamom

Post Sun, Jan 29 2012, 2:32 pm
Go to a pharmacy or grocery store and buy some hydrogen peroxide. It's cheap and it works. You can try Oxyclean if you have some in the house (it's a peroxide based cleaner).

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jan 29 2012, 2:34 pm
Windex has hydrogen peroxide in it IIRC
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry