Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins
Cookies too moist - sticking together...HELP!!

loveshoes

Post Sun, Jan 29 2012, 12:43 pm
I baked the ginger crinkles from the Kosher Palette. I love these cookies but after I bake them and let them cool, and put them in a container, the next day they are too moist and stick together and hard to take apart. I was also having trouble with oatmeal cookies made with margarine. What am I doing wrong??

lollygirl

Post Sun, Jan 29 2012, 2:03 pm
loveshoes wrote:
I baked the ginger crinkles from the Kosher Palette. I love these cookies but after I bake them and let them cool, and put them in a container, the next day they are too moist and stick together and hard to take apart. I was also having trouble with oatmeal cookies made with margarine. What am I doing wrong??

Are you sure they are COMPLETELY cool before storing them? Maybe try storing them in flat layers in between parchment paper.

loveshoes

Post Sun, Jan 29 2012, 2:50 pm
I did let them cool but should I have left them longer? How long do you let your cookies cool and do you let them cool on the cookie sheet or on a baking rack?

Simple1

Post Sun, Jan 29 2012, 4:19 pm
Are you sure you are baking them long enough?

lollygirl

Post Sun, Jan 29 2012, 4:35 pm
loveshoes wrote:
I did let them cool but should I have left them longer? How long do you let your cookies cool and do you let them cool on the cookie sheet or on a baking rack?

I remove them immediately from the cookie sheet to cool either on the counter or cooling rack. Usually about 1-2 hours.

loveshoes

Post Sun, Jan 29 2012, 6:36 pm
ooooh! I will definitely try 1-2 hours - I usually put them away after about 30 minutes.
Thanks!

spring13

Post Sun, Jan 29 2012, 7:16 pm
I second letting them cool longer - on a rack is best. I find that if my baked goods aren't totally 100% cool, they end up kind of shvitzing in the bag or box. if you notice condensation on the package, then for sure that's the problem.

storing them flat, with waxed paper or parchment between individual layers of cookies ought to help as well.

shanie5

Post Sun, Jan 29 2012, 8:14 pm
You can also layer the cookies w/ parchment paper or waxed paper in btw layers so they wont stick to each other.

Though I agree with cooling them longer too.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins