Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Libman Freedom mop

AlwaysGrateful

Post Tue, Jan 31 2012, 11:42 am
Hashem Yaazor mentioned this in a previous thread. What is it? Why do you like/ not like it?

I hate my mop and will be needing a new one soon anyway. I also hate buckets of dirty water. Does this really clean floors without a bucket?

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Jan 31 2012, 1:33 pm
It cleans, but it doesn't scrub well. If you don't have stuck on raisins, it works well. If you have stuck of food, you have to spray it a bunch of times and keep on rubbing and hopefully it will come off. Overall, it's good for people like me who hate buckets and don't have much time.

How it differs from other mops with no buckets:
1)No batteries
2)Reusable cloth
3)Can use anything in the spray bottle attachment, no special cleaning solution required. (You can use wood floor cleaner if you have wooden floors, pinesol for linoleum, etc) Sometimes I use just water.

Lightweight, and I let my kids use it.

Fabulous

Post Sun, Feb 05 2012, 7:32 pm
HY, how much does it traditionally cost? Also, where can I get it? Target? Only online?

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Sun, Feb 05 2012, 7:38 pm
I got mine at Target. Under $20, and it had a $5 rebate; not sure if it still does. (And I get 5% off with my redcard...I ended up spending less than $15 I think.)

I'm still wishy-washy if I love it or not. I definitely, definitely mop more often than I did beforehand since it's not a big hassle to use. But I'm not sure if it is my floor (since I moved) or the mop that makes somethings hard to get off. I do find I need to scrub and this is not good at scrubbing.

noosheen

Post Mon, Feb 06 2012, 2:26 am
I bought a similar sounding mop but mines made by rubbermaid. I really like it & use it a lot. Gets pretty much everything off without too much effort. Don't have target here in canada but I found mine in canadian tire for about 20 dollars.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Feb 06 2012, 6:33 am
Have you ever tried it on stuck on raisins? I'm unsure if it's my mop, my floor, or the food itself that is the issue Smile

Fabulous

Post Mon, Feb 06 2012, 7:56 pm
thanks. I may head to target this week.

Fabulous

Post Sun, Feb 12 2012, 7:33 pm
I went to target and saw the rubbermaid one too but it seemed like a very big mop size and I was afraid it would be hard to get into small corners and navigate it.

So far my eval for the libman: good for the in between mop ups. It definitely made it MUCH easier than shlepping the bucket and squeezing a mop BUT it really didn't clean too well. Also, I washed it as they instructed in cold water, it still out pretty dirty.

GAMZu

Post Sun, Feb 12 2012, 7:38 pm
I never get around to washing the cloths, and they are too expensive to keep a stack of them around.

daisy

Post Sun, Feb 12 2012, 7:41 pm
I just bought one of these last week at Target (based on HY's recommendation). I really like it so far! I paid $20 and it came with a free second microfiber. Prior to this I was mopping with a sponja stick draped with a microfiber towel and holding a spray bottle. Now it is all in one, so it is very convenient.

I agree with HY. It doesn't scrub very well, but honestly no worse than any other mop I've used. I always had to use extra elbow grease to get off things that were stuck. I washed the microfiber in the washer with my shmattas and it cleaned OK, though did not get sparkling white. The only concern I have is that some of the plastic "velcro" on the bottom of the map (to hold the microfiber) already got bent, so I hope it will last long.

My kids also enjoy mopping with this.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Feb 13 2012, 6:39 am
When you use a sponja stick, do you find it no better than this at scrubbing (when you take off the cloth)?
I was seriously considering getting a sponja stick but I won't if it's no better.

daisy

Post Mon, Feb 13 2012, 8:13 am
HY, maybe the sponja stick is a little better, but not noticeably, so far. I find that what works best is spraying the stuck on spot and then leaving it for a while to loosen up. If it's really bad I end up using my nails. I really like not having to walk around with a separate spray bottle.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry