Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
2 yo suddenly waking in middle of the night - HELP.

amother

Post Sun, Feb 05 2012, 1:01 pm
2 yo DS was a wonderful sleeper - up until 2 weeks ago. He stopped napping and should be zonked by night but cries when we put him to bed. He's generally OK while we are in the room but as soon as we leave, the crying starts all over again. I can't do the constant in and out of his room for temporary relief. I'm at my wits end!!! What is this? Sudden separation anxiety at night? Please help, all suggestions welcome.

Cookie Monster

Post Sun, Feb 05 2012, 2:33 pm
Not the op, but I am curious to the responses...my friend is going thru the same thing with her toddler.

amother

Post Mon, Feb 06 2012, 8:41 am
Wow! No one elses 2 year old suddenly started waking up in middle of the night?

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, Feb 06 2012, 9:42 am
amother wrote:
I did, but your post is very confusing. Is it when you put your child to sleep that he does not want you to leave? Or that in the middle of the night he wakes up and then starts crying?

If it is the later, I had that. I think my daughter had night terrors. Google that to see what that is specifically, but it passed after a few weeks or so, but I did have to go into her room at night to calkm her down, sometimes more than once.

simchat

Post Mon, Feb 06 2012, 10:52 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
amother wrote:
I did, but your post is very confusing. Is it when you put your child to sleep that he does not want you to leave? Or that in the middle of the night he wakes up and then starts crying?

If it is the later, I had that. I think my daughter had night terrors. Google that to see what that is specifically, but it passed after a few weeks or so, but I did have to go into her room at night to calkm her down, sometimes more than once.

I think we`re having the same thing! DD goes to bed as usual, and for the past 2 night has woken up screaming in terror! Maybe at around 2 babies start dreaming more vividly or something? Anyway, each time, we go in, comfort her and then go back to sleep (last night took a good half hour). Is it exhausting? Yes. Especially me being 7 months pregnant and terrified this will continue once the new baby comes iy`H (soo not gonna cope with 2 babies waking me at night). But I`m really not worried and as shabbatiscoming said, I`m just hoping it will go away on ts own.

amother

Post Mon, Feb 06 2012, 12:36 pm
OP here. To clarify, he will scream after being put down to sleep initially. We have to keep going back in and out until he's finally asleep. However, this happens over and over through the duration of the night. It seems like he can't separate from us...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics