Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Which vacuum cleaner? Need help and advice!

mango

Post Wed, Mar 07 2012, 8:42 am
Need a new vacuum cleaner. Never had one yet I borrowed a spare one from my mil till recently but she needs it back now so have been borrowing one from my sil who lives realy close but we realy need our own one as this is realy not practical! So advice is needed what type is better upright or the one you drag on the floor (not sure what they are called) . Where is a good place to buy. Preferably looking not to spend to much on it but I do want a good one that will last . I grew up in England with the good old Mr Henry which for some reason doesn't sem to be sold in the USA so I realy don't know where to begin. Any advice will be much appreciated!

mango

Post Wed, Mar 07 2012, 11:18 am
Bump

bdot

Post Wed, Mar 07 2012, 11:23 am
sorry I cant be of much help-- the only thing I'll say is that I like uprights much better than the other kind-
as far as brands and types go, I'm one of the diehard ppl who's still using an old one with the bags that you throw out

good luck!

MGmom

Post Wed, Mar 07 2012, 11:26 am
Recently treated myself to the electrolux canister. Extremely happy and great suction, compact and comes with lotsa parts.

cm

Post Wed, Mar 07 2012, 11:50 am
To an extent, you get what you pay for (as long as you keep it maintained properly).

I love my Dyson! Vacuuming no longer aggravates my allergies. The dust does not fly around!

Electrolux has an excellent reputation - they used to last decades - but I think the new ones are no longer made by the same company and are sold at a lower price point (if I am not mistaken). Look up reviews before you buy.

I used bags/upright for a long time, but found the no-bag type much less dusty than I anticipated, and the canister easier to use and more versatile in tight spots. A little harder to put away in the closet, but worth the tradeoff.

bwaybabe85

Post Wed, Mar 07 2012, 1:33 pm
Dysons are supposed to be amazing. It also happens to be the Amazon Gold box deal of the day today, so it would be a good time to buy it!
http://www.amazon.com/gp/goldb....._gb27

shoemaker

Post Wed, Mar 07 2012, 1:47 pm
the miele vacuum cleaners are great.

michal817

Post Wed, Mar 07 2012, 1:50 pm
We recently got a Hoover Windtunnel (bagless upright) and we're very happy with it. It's significantly cheaper than Dyson, but still does a good job - we have a cat and this vacuum is really good at picking up all the pet dander.

Annie

Post Wed, Mar 07 2012, 2:47 pm
Love our Dyson. It's the only vacuum we ever had that lasted more than two years. We've had Electrolux, Hoover and something else before. Our Dyson is 9 years old. Very user friendly for when things get stuck inside, and also easy to clean edges and furniture with.

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Mar 07 2012, 6:19 pm
We went to the store and saw what was sold. It wasn't that big a deal.

wifey

Post Wed, Mar 07 2012, 6:51 pm
We have the shark navigator. Much cheaper than most and does a better job than most expensive vacuums I've had.

mango

Post Wed, Mar 07 2012, 10:43 pm
Thanks all that dyson offer looked tempting but we realy don't want to spend that much will look into the others suggestedi think were just going to have to go to a store and pick one, its impossible to research online their are just so many!

ewa-jo

Post Thu, Mar 08 2012, 2:59 am
We have a Dyson too... it's great. Between the cat-hair and all the crumbs my toddlers leave around the hue, it picks up everything.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry