Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
St. Moritz oven cleaner - BEWARE (WARNING: graphic burn pic)
1  2  Next

ahuvah4

Post Wed, Mar 21 2012, 8:17 pm
Hidden: 

WARNING: graphic burn pic.

(edited by mod to add warning and hide pic)

Last edited by ahuvah4 on Wed, Mar 21 2012, 8:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sherri

Post Wed, Mar 21 2012, 8:17 pm
I just see a broken link?

sweetcandy

Post Wed, Mar 21 2012, 8:25 pm
Oh no no no! What happened? St moritz did that? how? poor poor thing! Sad Confused refuah sheleimo!

Ruchel

Post Wed, Mar 21 2012, 8:27 pm
Thanks for warnings, one doesn't expect this in a laundry thread. Sad

Sherri

Post Wed, Mar 21 2012, 8:37 pm
I've seen recently St. Moritz advertises that a new formula or something like that. Does anyone know anything about it?

sequoia

Post Wed, Mar 21 2012, 8:38 pm
I don't understand. This was a skiing accident?

MaBelleVie

Post Wed, Mar 21 2012, 8:42 pm
sequoia wrote:

St Moritz is a highly toxic line of household cleaners. This little boy lost his eye when he got his hands on a bottle of oven cleaner, which many people use before Pesach Crying

chevron

Post Wed, Mar 21 2012, 8:43 pm
Ouchrefuah sheleima.

sequoia

Post Wed, Mar 21 2012, 8:45 pm
MaBelleVie wrote:
sequoia wrote:

St Moritz is a highly toxic line of household cleaners. This little boy lost his eye when he got his hands on a bottle of oven cleaner, which many people use before Pesach Crying

Oh how horrible.

MrsDash

Post Wed, Mar 21 2012, 8:45 pm
I never even heard of this stuff until I saw this story. I hope the child gets wells quick! Sad

Sherri

Post Wed, Mar 21 2012, 8:52 pm
Saw the link. Sad

Happy18

Post Wed, Mar 21 2012, 9:01 pm
My mom uses it. Actually her cleaning lady does. She tried to get me to use it and bought me a bottle, I gave it back to her. Anything that says toxic on it does not enter my home.

5S5Sr7z3

Post Wed, Mar 21 2012, 9:33 pm
My husband keeps buying it, and I keep throwing it out. I especially have an issue with the fact that such a toxic product does not even have some sort of safety cap like bleach!!!

Simple1

Post Wed, Mar 21 2012, 9:43 pm
Oy! Why are they even allowed to sell this stuff??

yksraya

Post Wed, Mar 21 2012, 10:14 pm
hatzolah warns ppl not to use st. morris or easy off every single year before pesach and also some dayanim said not to use them, why do ppl still use those stuff or bring them into their homes?

Happy18

Post Wed, Mar 21 2012, 10:17 pm
People use it because it does an amazing job cleaning. Personally I would rather have to scrub harder than risk chemical burns.

amother

Post Wed, Mar 21 2012, 10:25 pm
This was obviously an illegal company, brought in from israel! Works wonders, but is very dangerous and toxic!
My sister had made a grocery order (about 10 yrs ago) left the box out in the hallway, while she was readying the kids for bed, her son got ahold of the st moritz in the box and of course burned himself, my sister found him quick enough and had the presence in mind to plunge him into the bathtub and left him in the running water till hatzalah arrived, it ended very well, nothing major happened, hatzalah told her she did a good job in keeping him under running water, it wouldve gotten worse if she hadn't put him in water, as it keeps eating away at the skin!

I never liked having it in the house for this reason!
Just yesterday I bought a bottle which I noticed has a new safety seal lock on it! And besides I keep it way high where my kids can't reach and don't have anything to reach for over there, I only keep my cleaning items there!

yksraya

Post Wed, Mar 21 2012, 10:28 pm
amother wrote:
This was obviously an illegal company, brought in from israel! Works wonders, but is very dangerous and toxic!
My sister had made a grocery order (about 10 yrs ago) left the box out in the hallway, while she was readying the kids for bed, her son got ahold of the st moritz in the box and of course burned himself, my sister found him quick enough and had the presence in mind to plunge him into the bathtub and left him in the running water till hatzalah arrived, it ended very well, nothing major happened, hatzalah told her she did a good job in keeping him under running water, it wouldve gotten worse if she hadn't put him in water, as it keeps eating away at the skin!

I never liked having it in the house for this reason!
Just yesterday I bought a bottle which I noticed has a new safety seal lock on it! And besides I keep it way high where my kids can't reach and don't have anything to reach for over there, I only keep my cleaning items there!

kids are not the only ones at risk of a burn. I never buy something that can cause a burn although I keep all cleaning stuff very high and it's out of reach of kids.

Happy18

Post Wed, Mar 21 2012, 10:33 pm
This all just supports my buying all natural cleaners. DH and mother think I'm crazy, but I would rather be safe.

sequoia

Post Wed, Mar 21 2012, 10:35 pm
Happy18 wrote:
This all just supports my buying all natural cleaners. DH and mother think I'm crazy, but I would rather be safe.

Same.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry