Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Pesach Recipes
What is your Main Dish for the Sedarim?
1  2  Next

Mevater

Post Tue, Apr 03 2012, 4:20 pm
Please.

TIA

busydev

Post Tue, Apr 03 2012, 4:21 pm
my inlaws- chicken

my parents- tongue

every year.

I dont make yet

crl

Post Tue, Apr 03 2012, 5:24 pm
My mom generally makes a roast, with loads of veggies and sides and my MIL makes both roast and chicken.

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Tue, Apr 03 2012, 5:42 pm
My mom makes steamed chicken with raspberry sauce and mandarin oranges - delicious!

chocolate chips

Post Tue, Apr 03 2012, 6:59 pm
My mother makes egg in salt water (minhag that we have) followed by chicken soup with egg lokshen.

For those that want there is chicken from the soup and boiled potatoes for a 'main' course but no one really has it because we are so full and there is still more grape juice and matzah to come!

black sheep

Post Tue, Apr 03 2012, 7:15 pm
first salmon, then matzo ball soup, then roast chicken and potatoes. (note: some people have a minhag not to eat anything roasted at the seder.) I have a feeling that no one will touch the chicken and potatoes, so that will be reheated, good as new, for second day lunch Smile

Happy18

Post Tue, Apr 03 2012, 7:39 pm
chocolate chips wrote:
My mother makes egg in salt water (minhag that we have) followed by chicken soup with egg lokshen.

For those that want there is chicken from the soup and boiled potatoes for a 'main' course but no one really has it because we are so full and there is still more grape juice and matzah to come!

This is a minhag? My family and dh's family both do this, never realized it was a minhag Very Happy

OOTBubby

Post Tue, Apr 03 2012, 7:45 pm
Happy18 wrote:
chocolate chips wrote:

This is a minhag? My family and dh's family both do this, never realized it was a minhag Very Happy

Yes, it is a minhag. Once which we do NOT have. On occasion we have had guests who were surprised that we skipped it, but DH's family never had egg with salt water.

Tweedy

Post Wed, Apr 04 2012, 5:06 am
TranquilityAndPeace wrote:
My mom makes steamed chicken with raspberry sauce and mandarin oranges - delicious!

Could you please post this recipe? Sounds YUM

chefmommy

Post Wed, Apr 04 2012, 6:48 am
in our family egg in salt water is eaten before shulchan aruch.

chefmommy

Post Wed, Apr 04 2012, 6:49 am

sunny90

Post Wed, Apr 04 2012, 7:00 am
Tweedy wrote:
TranquilityAndPeace wrote:

Could you please post this recipe? Sounds YUM

Yes, please???

chani8

Post Wed, Apr 04 2012, 7:22 am
OOTBubby wrote:
Happy18 wrote:
chocolate chips wrote:

Yes, it is a minhag. Once which we do NOT have. On occasion we have had guests who were surprised that we skipped it, but DH's family never had egg with salt water.

You mean we don't have to do that?? I hate that part of the meal. I'd rather serve chopped liver!

baskrox

Post Wed, Apr 04 2012, 10:29 am
Another request for raspberry sauce recipe... PLEASE!!! Smile

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Apr 04 2012, 12:28 pm
Re the roast: yes, the widespread minhag is not to eat roasted food from an animal that requires shechita (so fish is ok) at the seder. A big challenge this year for the first seder as a local rav stressed that if the food dries out, it's roasted. I'm hoping that an extra can of tomato sauce over my version of Susie Fishbein's unstuffed cabbage will do. Other possibilities are pepper steak or a chicken in wine sauce/broth that I hope won't fall apart.

Ruchel

Post Wed, Apr 04 2012, 12:39 pm
Last year we had roast lamb, dh's minhag. Yum, but for some reason we were all sick. So this year, we'll do without this custom Sad
Not 100% sure yet what it will be.

Barbara

Post Wed, Apr 04 2012, 12:43 pm
chefmommy wrote:

Its DH's favorite part of the meal. I don't know why.

We're having a silver tip roast and some sort of chicken cutlet, in case the roast doesn't come out well. I don't do soup or fish, as no one would eat anything else if I did.

Raisin

Post Wed, Apr 04 2012, 12:52 pm
I'm baffled why people serve fish and soup and then a main course if no one ever eats it. It makes more sense to me to skip the fish or soup or both then to skip the main course.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Apr 04 2012, 1:02 pm
poached chicken with pesto and pot roast beef with ginger "teriyaki" sauce

freidasima

Post Wed, Apr 04 2012, 1:06 pm
egg and salt water, sweet potato soup, chicken, meat, potatoes. No salad, the amount of lettuce one eats before is more than enough. Dessert is lemon meringue cake and blueberry cake which I just made today.

Being that we are in EY we only have one seder.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics