Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Pesach Recipes
Passover by Design - jelly roll with lemon curd?

TzipG

Post Wed, Apr 04 2012, 12:37 pm
I had an amazing desert at someone last Pesach. I think it was a jelly roll with lemon curd filling. I don't really remember, maybe it was a sponge cake. I remember the host told me it was from Passover by Design.

Does anyone have Passover by Design and can find which recipe I'm thinking of?

Thanks!

freidasima

Post Wed, Apr 04 2012, 1:18 pm
Don't have that recipie but here is how I would make it.

Separate six eggs, beat whites with half cup sugar, add 1 T baking powder and 6 heaping tablespoons of potato starch which one folds in. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes in a flat pan.

lemon curd - boil 1.5 cups water, add 1.5 cups sugar, 4 T potato starch, 1 t salt. Boil for 20 minutes. Take off fire and add 4 egg yolks and 1/3 cup lemon juice. Keep mixing. let cool.

Fill flat cake and roll.

OOTBubby

Post Wed, Apr 04 2012, 2:04 pm
TzipG wrote:
I had an amazing desert at someone last Pesach. I think it was a jelly roll with lemon curd filling. I don't really remember, maybe it was a sponge cake. I remember the host told me it was from Passover by Design.

Thanks!

I happen to have Passover by Design sitting on my desk in front of me, so I looked for the recipe and didn't find anything at all like that. Must be from a different cookbook.

TzipG

Post Wed, Apr 04 2012, 3:27 pm
OOTBubby wrote:
TzipG wrote:

Thanks!

I happen to have Passover by Design sitting on my desk in front of me, so I looked for the recipe and didn't find anything at all like that. Must be from a different cookbook.

Thanks for looking for me! Now I just have to remember what it was and who made it Confused

wispalover

Post Tue, Mar 19 2013, 3:29 am
https://mywebspace.wisc.edu/ds......html

mil

Post Tue, Mar 19 2013, 3:46 am
Thanks for the recipe,n but don't you add the 6 six yellow to the cake as well???

wispalover

Post Tue, Mar 19 2013, 5:11 am
mil wrote:
Thanks for the recipe,n but don't you add the 6 six yellow to the cake as well???

Dont understand this question? Also I never made this cake, just googled for a similar recipe.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics