Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Biting & hitting

amother

Post Mon, Apr 09 2012, 4:13 pm
My 2 year old is out of control! We are going through a dificult time now with moving houses and stressful family situations, and she has all of a sudden started with loud piercing screams if she doesnt get what she wants, biting, hitting, being very disobedient, etc. She also started climbing out of her crib so I am having a hard time putting her to sleep (it takes two hours of me staying by her bed)
PLEASE HELP IM GOING CRAZY!!! How do I teach her to chill out???

frimamom

Post Wed, Apr 11 2012, 1:10 am
I have the same problem... When you find a solution, let me know.

ewa-jo

Post Wed, Apr 11 2012, 1:52 am
ignore ignore ignore

walk out of the room

turn your back

go on like nothing is happening

oh, ok, you want to scream... that's fine... I'm ignoring you

oh, ok, you want to bite and hit... we don't do that... you must be tired, so I'm going to plop you in yr crib until you calm down (and seriously... you lock the door! you don't play games where they get out of their room and you put them back and then they get out again..etc)

When my oldest got out of his crib, it was time to get him a real bed to sleep in.

Sometimes, my two toddlers misbehave because they're tired and over-stimulated... plopping them in bed solves that.

granolamom

Post Wed, Apr 11 2012, 9:18 am
sounds like she's letting you know she's also going through a difficult time with the move and stressful family situation.
moving is very disruptive for a toddler. I think she needs lots of attention and reassurance when she isnt tantruming.
also at this age they start wanting to be a more independent and in control, make sure you're giving her lots of opportunity to do things for herself, make choices, etc. and try to avoid power struggles whenever you can, if you can give her what she wants before saying no without any real harm done, do it for the time being. she's obviously going through a hard time too.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics