Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Pesach Recipes
How do I cook meat and potatoes in a crockpot?

momsprince

Post Wed, Apr 11 2012, 12:14 am
???

Simple1

Post Wed, Apr 11 2012, 8:09 am
Cut potatoes, sliced onions, and cholent meat in pot or crock pot. Cover with water, salt and if you want spices. Cook as usual. You can even add chunks of carrots. It's simple, but when I made it the whole pot went.

Shopmiami49

Post Wed, Apr 11 2012, 9:35 am
I usually do meat, chunks of potatoes, chunks of carrot, ketchup, spices, and water and let it cook over night - about 12 hours.

For first days, I actually made it a little different. I fried 3 huge onions and sprinkled some sugar towards the end of the cooking to carmelize them. Then I added those to the pot with the potatoes, carrots, and sweet potatoes. I made a Pesach kishka as well and added that in. It was a huge hit!

Imma2+2

Post Wed, Apr 11 2012, 4:22 pm
If you have a roast, rather than pieces of meat, you can make a pot roast. I've done this with rolled roasts and with brisket or brust dekle.
Cut onions and put on bottom of pan.
Put roast on top in middle of crock and add a little sauce (duck, cranberry+ketchup, bottled marinade) or just spices/herbs and add a splash of wine. You might want to add a little water, if you are leaving it overnight, especially for shabbos.
Add potatoes and root veg around sides (it's ok if they go on top of the roast, too). We like carrots and parsnips.
Cook on low overnight. I do this instead of cholent. But, for a yom tov morning seuda, if I know I'll be up early I will cook it on high from about 7am for a 1pm lunch. In my 8qt crockpot, because it's so big and I was only making a small roast, I found it even cooked in that time on low!
For shortcuts (like if I'm putting it in on yom tov morning), I like to use baby carrots and baby potatoes in their skins.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Apr 11 2012, 5:47 pm
you want a meat stew recipe for supper?

joycohen115

Post Tue, Mar 05 2013, 8:15 pm
I know this is old but this really comes out awesome.
Put a roast in the middle of crockpot just peel and cube potatoes add around the crockpot.
I use some ketchup, salt, (garlic powder sometimes) and the osem onion soup mix they make for pesach - makes the whole thing caramelize so nicely!
But when I"m being healthy - just add the other spices and sometimes even a whole onion for flavor - still comes out ok but if you would use the soup mix - is delicious!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics