Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Cleaning w/ vinegar and Baking Soda

studying_torah

Post Mon, Apr 23 2012, 4:35 pm
After reading about how great it is to clean w/ vinegar and baking soda, I decided to try it;
2 problems:
1)the smell of the vinegar made me feel kinda ill
2) the baking soda left a lot of residue that I had to keep washing off over and over till it was all gone.
Anyone have experience w/ using these products to clean and can help me out? Or give me other non toxic but effective cleaning products to use?
Thanks!

SML

Post Mon, Apr 23 2012, 4:39 pm
My mother in law uses tooth paste for silver polish.
She claims it works wonders.
I personally think it works taking off the black but the shine is missing..
It happens to be she uses vinegar a lot too.
Yeah, you walk into the bathroom & the vinegar smell hits you!

mydear

Post Mon, Apr 23 2012, 4:51 pm
I started cleaning with vinegar when my mother was ill and told to stop using cleaning products. This year before Pesach I cleaned my windows with vinegar and they came out great. The smell is a problem but I got used to it. I scrub the bathtub and bathroom sink with toothpaste. It was a tip in the Modea (That's an idea) and it comes out shining.

happy mom1

Post Mon, Apr 23 2012, 5:02 pm
I used vinegar and baking soda for pesach cleaning because I found myself feeling awful after using cleaning products. I poured baking soda on the surface, then vinegar to make a reaction. I let it sit a bit and then scrubbed it off.

I also hate the smell of vinegar so I dilute it in a bunch of water to use instead of windex or mr. clean, and try not to inhale to much. I leave the windows open and soon the smell is gone!

amother
Indigo

Post Mon, Apr 23 2012, 5:33 pm
I once saw this tip from Seraph. Add citrus peels to vinegar bottle to make it smell better

Last edited by amother on Sat, Mar 19 2016, 11:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

OOTBubby

Post Mon, Apr 23 2012, 5:52 pm
There is also lemon scented vinegar that isn't quite as bad smelling as the plain one.

studying_torah

Post Mon, Apr 23 2012, 5:57 pm
thanks so much to e/o- I'd love to open a window but my bathrooms dont have any; actually since we live in a middle unit we dont have many windows at all!
also, how do u get off hte residue from the baking soda? I keep thinking I washed it off but once the area is dry I see more residue.... Rolling Eyes
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry