Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
My cleaning lady shrank my mom's sweater!

amother

Post Thu, May 03 2012, 11:11 pm
My mom stayed with us a few weeks ago and accidentally left one of her favorite sweaters. I was lucky enough to find it, and put it in a bag on a high shelf, where no one could get a hold of it. Somehow, my cleaning lady found the bag, washed the sweater and put it in the dryer! I found it as I was emptying the dryer after she had left. It's supposed to be hand washed, and lined dried.
My mom is going to be really, really upset! Should I tell her? Should I buy her a new one? I promised her I would take good care of it. She is definitely going to notice it is smaller!

Help!!!!!

fruitsalad

Post Fri, May 04 2012, 10:34 am
Me personally I would explain what happened and offer to pay.

for future times to aviod these experiences I would keep it in a more hiding place

Good luck!

cm

Post Fri, May 04 2012, 11:08 am
Offering to pay depends on family dynamics. In my family, I would just replace the sweater, if at all possible, and not discuss money.

Does your cleaning lady typically go through bags on high shelves looking for things to wash? Definitely have a talk with her about which things should be left alone.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry