Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
What to do about my "kangaroo"?

miami85

Post Sun, May 06 2012, 3:17 pm
My little guy--16.5 months has a new hobby of jumping on the couch and us. We're not so keen on this new hobby, but what to do about it? We know he likes the jumperoo at the babysitter, but he's already 23lbs and the jumperoo only goes up to 25 lbs, and most trampolines start at 3 yrs old. He can climb up and down from the couch by himself. He's a bundle of energy and we're trying to find some appropriate outlet for him that's safe and doesn't require CONSTANT supervision (I.e. can go into kitchen to cook supper). Any suggestions?

yksraya

Post Sun, May 06 2012, 3:20 pm
try the trampoline that comes with a kiddy bar. I think they sell them in toys r us.

MaBelleVie

Post Sun, May 06 2012, 4:10 pm
Can you get hold of a cheap mattress? Can even be a crib mattress- but not a foam one. Put it in a corner somewhere and surround it with pillows or blankets. The mattress is his trampoline, and he jumps there as much as he wants. If he starts jumping on the couch, redirect him to his trampoline.

AlwaysGrateful

Post Sun, May 06 2012, 4:14 pm
Just put a blanket on one section of the floor and call it his "jumping" blanket. He can jump, but only on there. (he might be too young to understand this, though, depends on the kid)

miami85

Post Sun, May 06 2012, 4:23 pm
He's too young to understand that. He probably likes the bouncing feeling from the couch--which you don't get from a hard wood floor. Just trying to give him a safer alternative.

miami85

Post Sun, May 06 2012, 4:30 pm
The kiddie trampolines I'm seeing the recommended ages are 3 and up. There is this one
Toddler Trampoline with Handle
http://www.onestepahead.com/ca.....=none

Just trying to figure out if its worth the price. I live in an apartment (first floor thankfully), but does it justify the space.

He does like to jump on his changing pad (the kind that goes on a counter top, we just use it on the floor), but the couch definitely has more bounce.

OutATowner

Post Sun, May 06 2012, 7:04 pm
I didn't see any from a brief search online, but I know there are small trampolines with enclosed nets. If you want I'll try to find out where to order one.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics