Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
I officially do NOT like Sundays in Israel :(
Previous  1  2

evie

Post Sun, Jun 03 2012, 2:07 pm
I'm glad I'm not the only one whose kids don't stay up for havdalah! My poor kids don't even get to stay up for Friday night dinner - I just can't handle it. They have some food before I light and then they go to bed. 7pm latest. We all have a better time that way!

tizunabi

Post Sun, Jun 03 2012, 2:12 pm
evie wrote:
I'm glad I'm not the only one whose kids don't stay up for havdalah! My poor kids don't even get to stay up for Friday night dinner - I just can't handle it. They have some food before I light and then they go to bed. 7pm latest. We all have a better time that way!

This, but 6pm and one 1 DC Smile.

SavtaHelen

Post Sun, Jun 03 2012, 3:14 pm
after 31 years here I am still waiting to hear the news that Israel has decided to have a "normal" weekend and that we will be getting Sundays off!

Hope is free, no??

Shopmiami49

Post Sun, Jun 03 2012, 3:38 pm
SavtaHelen wrote:
after 31 years here I am still waiting to hear the news that Israel has decided to have a "normal" weekend and that we will be getting Sundays off!

Hope is free, no??

lol!

Leesah

Post Mon, Jun 04 2012, 7:47 am
Sunday is always the day everyone is tired and bumed out at work here.

freidasima

Post Mon, Jun 04 2012, 8:05 am
Which is why the name of the game is not scheduling any important meetings early Sunday morning. We learned that early, and the kids at gan should be put down to nap from nine thirty in the morning until eleven...or as much as they want while the ones who don't want to sleep should listen to music or something tiring...my kids never had a bedtime and survived, so did their teachers. But the gans would send everyone to chill out, the gannet was a neighbor for the 2-3 and 3-4 age groups. So she knew the drill well as her kids were the same. She taught us e put them down in e morning business and it worked fine.

chani8

Post Mon, Jun 04 2012, 8:32 am
I've gotten used to Sundays in Israel. I am happy to send my little ones off to gan. And my teens have a late start. It's the tweens in the middle that I find difficult to deal with. They party late on motzi shabbat and then can't get up. They are probably late for school every other Sunday. Maybe Middle School should also give morning naps!

ElTam

Post Mon, Jun 04 2012, 11:07 am
My kids probably think there is no havdalah in the summer. There is NO WAY they are staying up that late.

OP, you have my sympathies. It sounds rough. The not making it such a teaching day sounds good. I second the idea of outdoor play if that's a possibility. You can combine light learning with outdoor so if the parents expect, everyone is happy. (Explore something miraculous created by HaShem, etc. Which is everything, so that's easy.)

Basic botany, planting seeds, caring for a small container garden, could be good outdoor stuff. I talk to my kids a lot about nature when we are walking to shul on Shabbos. It's very concrete and something they can understand, but opens the door to a lot of learning also.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics