Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Are You Coming to The Kishor Conference in Ramada?
Previous  1  2

ChossidMom

Post Mon, Jun 11 2012, 5:17 pm
TranquilityAndPeace wrote:
I wish I could've attended!

So, what did you all LEARN from this?

You didn't miss much. Unless I just chose all the wrong presentations!
I learned that a conference can be a big disappointment.
You would have enjoyed Issamar Ginsberg's presentation. He gave some marketing ideas that you would have enjoyed. I'm too tired to try to remember what he said but I'll be you know alot of it.
Apparently some imamothers went to the sessions about time management and enjoyed them. I missed those. But I did go to one really good session given by Shifra Devora Witt about getting in tune with your insides and prioritizing so that you can really use your time well. She quoted Steven Covey alot.

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Mon, Jun 11 2012, 5:40 pm
ChossidMom wrote:
TranquilityAndPeace wrote:
I wish I could've attended!

So, what did you all LEARN from this?

You didn't miss much. Unless I just chose all the wrong presentations!
I learned that a conference can be a big disappointment.
You would have enjoyed Issamar Ginsberg's presentation. He gave some marketing ideas that you would have enjoyed. I'm too tired to try to remember what he said but I'll be you know alot of it.
Apparently some imamothers went to the sessions about time management and enjoyed them. I missed those. But I did go to one really good session given by Shifra Devora Witt about getting in tune with your insides and prioritizing so that you can really use your time well. She quoted Steven Covey alot.

Thanks for this update!

See, I never understand the point of these conferences. Unless it's really all about networking. I can buy Stephen Covey's books for pennies, as well as all the other classic self-development and marketing books. Unless they're showcasing some amazing new product or software....

I've gone to several marketing conferences. I don't think I learned anything at all from the actual sessions, but I did gain from the networking with people there. (I'm a big reader, so this is just my personal perspective. If someone doesn't like to read, I can understand that she'd absorb information better in this setting.)

evie

Post Tue, Jun 12 2012, 2:28 am
ChossidMom wrote:
Why didn't you guys tell us who to look for before the conference????? There were 4 of us there who knew each other and we could have all gotten together!

Evie, I did see you (well, you do kind of stand out in a crowd). You're gorgeous!

BTW I hated the morning sessions FYI. Big letdown for me.
The ice cream at lunch was really good though...

/blush Wow that is incredibly kind of you to say! Thank you!

lol I did kind of think saying that I was "the black woman in the gray dress" would pretty much work... Heehee

But now I'm upset that I missed the ice cream at lunch. Very Happy

I thought the conference was really, really amazing. I do wish I had gone to Rabbi Greenburg's workshop instead of Penina's, though. But I was overall thrilled - I'm just starting my business and it was inspiring for me to see all of these amazing religious women who actually make things happen. You know? The "How to Get Started" workshop was amazing, though rushed, because it has started late..

I'm looking forward to going next year!

MominJerusalem

Post Tue, Jun 12 2012, 3:03 am
evie- I saw you too. We even shared a smile, if you remember!

Anyway, I do think the conference was great t&p, though I will admit that networking was the best part. And the freshbiz game was absolutely WOW!

evie

Post Tue, Jun 12 2012, 3:41 am
:-) Everyone I met there was so kind and friendly. I can't wait until next year already!

I'm just looking through the gift bag now.. What are those silver rectangle things?? Anyone know???

ewa-jo

Post Tue, Jun 12 2012, 4:08 am
evie wrote:
:-) Everyone I met there was so kind and friendly. I can't wait until next year already!

I'm just looking through the gift bag now.. What are those silver rectangle things?? Anyone know???

Napkin rings. I gave them to my kids to play with.

I really think they should get solicit business owners for gifts (not just fliers!) for next year's gift bags.

I would do it!

evie

Post Tue, Jun 12 2012, 4:12 am
Napkin rings! Der!! I might actually use those... :-)

MominJerusalem

Post Tue, Jun 12 2012, 4:12 am
Ewa- were you the one who ended up coming into the conference rooms with your baby? I bh got a babysitter in the end.
Perhaps you could be the one collecting the gifts for next year?

ChossidMom

Post Tue, Jun 12 2012, 7:07 am
Looks like it was more valuable for the newbies.

Also, the rFeshbiz workshop may have been great. It cost an additional 100 shekels though....As it is, I paid 120 shekels for the conference.

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Tue, Jun 12 2012, 7:27 am
Now I'm really curious - what kind of businesses do all of you run? Maybe I can make it next year!

e1234

Post Tue, Jun 12 2012, 7:57 am
I also didn't go because I work and couldn't take off a whole day

I freelance and I'm a web programmer.
It sounded very interesting and I was tempted but it's too much for me.

ewa-jo

Post Tue, Jun 12 2012, 8:06 am
MominJerusalem wrote:
Ewa- were you the one who ended up coming into the conference rooms with your baby? I bh got a babysitter in the end.
Perhaps you could be the one collecting the gifts for next year?

Yes, I was shepping my baby everywhere, B"H, she was sleeping part of the time and otherwise quiet.

The freshbiz thing might have been interesting, *BUT* if I paid money for a conference, why would I want to miss part of that conference to do something else that I have to pay more money for??? It's illogical.

I actually think the coolest part of the conference was meeting people and seeing so many religious women who were doing interesting and innovative things.

lili123

Post Wed, Jun 13 2012, 3:32 am
Hi,

I am one of the conference organizers and I am very happy to have come by the thread.

We plan the conference to be useful for the participants, so we would be very appreciative of any feedback you have (positive or negative). Please tell us what worked for you and what didn't, what kind of session you'd/wouldn't like to have, etc. It will enable us to plan better for next year.

Also, if you'd like to connect and network, please PM me. I'd be happy to help in any way I can.

shalhevet

Post Wed, Jun 13 2012, 3:50 am
Hi, thank you first for all your hard work. I really enjoyed the conference. What I enjoyed most: Rav Menachem Stein's lecture, the networking event (could have been longer) - I don't like this type of thing but it was great to be 'forced' to do it and I gained a lot, Leah Aharoni's session - I learned a lot.

What I enjoyed least: the CPA who spoke in the morning - nothing wrong, I just didn't find anything of relevance to me, the final panel - maybe this is just me, but I don't find frum women who made it 'to the top' inspiring. I just think of how they weren't home for their children (even though they always tell us they were). I am more interested in hearing about the 'ordinary' women with businesses, who are WAHMs or who have limited themselves to certain hours etc. so that they have time for their children too, the women who don't earn enormous sums so that they can get all the household help they want etc.

I agree with ewa-jo about the freshbiz. Maybe that could have been the next day or another opportunity at a subsidized price.

My pet peeve; I always bring a notepad and pen to conferences. And this was the first time I didn't because they always distribute a notepad (last year too). I ended up writing notes on the back of papers I had. And then I got a notepad... after the conference had finished!

ewa-jo

Post Wed, Jun 13 2012, 4:15 am
The gift bags were awful.... it was mostly advertisements and not gifts. Sad

I would venture to speculate that if you opened up the opportunity to women business owners, you wold get quite a few of us willing to provide a product sample of some kind to include in the gift bags, as a way to promote ourselves to conference participants. Also, I think everyone would enjoy a bag filled with goodies (like a sample bar of soap from someone who runs a spa or herbal tea from someone who has a gift basket business or a cookie from someone who runs a business making fancy cookies for simchas)

lili123

Post Wed, Jun 13 2012, 4:53 am
I am Leah Aharoni. It's nice to meet a fellow translator (unless we already know each other) and I am happy you've found the session useful.

ewa - the gift bag goodie idea is great! I am writing that down for next year's conference.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics