Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
Dishwasher Buttons

malky800

Post Wed, Jun 20 2012, 6:30 pm
I'm looking around Sears for my first dishwasher.
I see all the buttons are in the front and there is no way to lock them.

To all of you with little kids and little curious fingers. Do your kids touch the buttons and turn the dishwasher on by themselves?

is it a worthwhile investment to pay more for this new meshigas that the buttons are hiding inside the actual machine? or is that not neccesary?

mummiedearest

Post Wed, Jun 20 2012, 6:32 pm
there are dishwashers with the buttons on top of the door. assuming the dishwasher will be placed under a counter, the buttons should be pretty well hidden. I don't recall which model this is, but I can find out if you want.

malky800

Post Wed, Jun 20 2012, 6:33 pm
Those with the hidden controls are more expensive. I'm curious to know if it's a necessary investment with little fingers?

Another question I was wondering, is if the Rav tells us the old dishwasher in this house we can kasher, where do you get just the inside racks?

mummiedearest

Post Wed, Jun 20 2012, 6:40 pm
I don't think the controls are a big deal, but I am insistent on having a baby gate in the entrance to my kitchen. I don't like kids going through my pots and pans.

as for the racks, call the company that made the dishwasher. you can usually order spare parts directly from them.

wtvr

Post Wed, Jun 20 2012, 7:56 pm
The little ones are too short too reach, and the others are old enough to understand "don't touch" (okay, so I had to say it more than once, but it's really not an issue)

sky

Post Wed, Jun 20 2012, 7:57 pm
Most dishwashers with buttons you can lock. On mine you hold one button for 5 seconds and its locked (it may be a problem for shabbos, I think the lights on mine blink when opened on shabbos when locked but I'm not 100% sure, I haven't locked it in a while)

cm

Post Wed, Jun 20 2012, 8:11 pm
malky800 wrote:
I'm looking around Sears for my first dishwasher.
I see all the buttons are in the front and there is no way to lock them.

To all of you with little kids and little curious fingers. Do your kids touch the buttons and turn the dishwasher on by themselves?

is it a worthwhile investment to pay more for this new meshigas that the buttons are hiding inside the actual machine? or is that not neccesary?

We got a dishwasher with touch-pad type buttons when dd was 3 years old. I guess it depends on the child's personality, but ours never did any mischief with it. And you can lock the controls on my model.

I actually prefer appliances that a child can operate, so they can participate in the household with less frustration. (I have early childhood memories of not being able to open our old-fashioned refrigerator door with a latch-type handle...)

malky800

Post Sun, Jun 24 2012, 10:47 pm
is there anyway I can get those fantastic BOSCH dishwashers on sale? I see sales on the Whirpool or Frigidaire.
Any suggestions on the BOSCH?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics