Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
It is 1040 PM and my 3 year old is still awake

amother

Post Mon, Jul 02 2012, 10:46 pm
About 3 months ago my little girl, 3 in Feb, pushed her bedtime back from what was about 730/8 to 9 then 930 then 10. It's very hard - I do a night routine with her and leave her in her bed and she gets out and plays and changes clothes and eventually she ends up in my bed late at night to sleep.
Today she went to camp and after camp was not herself. She fell asleep at 5 - I couldnt wake her.
She slept like 30 - 45 min woke up crying hysterically for a good hour till she settled down.
And then she stayed up till now. I just got in to bed and she wanted to come in with me but I sent her to hers. She slaps and kicks me when she sleeps with me. Which is most nights - even if she doesn't start the night in my bed it usually ends in it.
I dont think her staying up till this hour is good for her.
But is melatonin the answer? What is? I am at a loss what to do and she needs more sleep than this (she wakes between 7-8 in the morning - though this morning she woke at 630!)

StrongIma

Post Tue, Jul 03 2012, 1:32 am
I don't have any advice, I wan't so good in this dept. either but {{HUGS}}

chani8

Post Tue, Jul 03 2012, 5:55 am
I was given the advice by a medical doctor to try homeopathic drops called R14 or Rescue Remedy.

hop613

Post Tue, Jul 03 2012, 6:36 am
It sounds like she may be getting overtired at camp. I would really try to keep her up after camp, and then put her in for the night VERY early, like 630 or 7.

amother

Post Tue, Jul 03 2012, 9:24 pm
I made sure she stayed up tonight and then she did go to bed around 7-730. Will see if she lasts the night! I hope. I certainly dont mind her going back to the earlier bed time!!! Thanks for the advice!

amother

Post Tue, Jul 03 2012, 11:05 pm
It is 11:00 pm and my 6 year old, 5 year old, 3 year old and 1 year old are still up Rolling Eyes They have only been in bed since about a quarter to 9 (too light outside to start earlier).

Every day is a differnt story.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics