Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Heimish karaoke

amother

Post Sat, Dec 30 2006, 9:18 pm
Would you come and enjoy with your lady friends to a place that has heimisha sound track so you can enjoy yourself and sing along as the lead singe? Any thoughts?

chocolate moose

Post Sat, Dec 30 2006, 9:19 pm
I think it sounds like fun !

mumoo

Post Sat, Dec 30 2006, 9:35 pm
I assume its popular songs?- I don't know too many

Our Kollel had a ladies kumzitz last year, fancy room, fancy food and a great leader/storyteller. that was fun

amother

Post Sat, Dec 30 2006, 9:37 pm
I have an investor and we want to make a small place near Flatbush, somewhere near Coney Island so that its convenient for everybody. Imagine if you can sing Avrohom Fried’s “Father, don’t cry’ and Miami’s ‘Revach”… So far it sounds very exciting.

chocolate moose

Post Sat, Dec 30 2006, 9:38 pm
I could see it part of a chinese auction event, but stam to go and perform? hm .....

greenfire

Post Sat, Dec 30 2006, 10:19 pm
It could go either way. It's nice to have a place for frum people to go. On the other hand we could sing in our own living rooms.

Mama Bear

Post Sun, Dec 31 2006, 1:40 am
If I'd live in that part of town I'd be a frequent guest!!1 awesome idea...

Boys"R"Us

Post Sun, Dec 31 2006, 10:34 am
If we lived nearby, my friends and I would love it! Especially the ladies from my choir! LOL

Let us know if it works out - maybe we could do a road-show!! (We are about a 10hour drive away)

cindy324

Post Sun, Dec 31 2006, 10:48 am
That's so funny, we were just discussing that with some friends last week.

Are you plannig to have separate hours for men and women? Or are you going to have a few private rooms like a place I know has in Manhattan, rentable by the hour? Are you planning to also serve food and/or drinks? Good luck, somehow we didn't think it would be lucrative enough to be worth it.

MommyEsty

Post Sun, Dec 31 2006, 10:51 am
sounds great!!

amother

Post Sun, Dec 31 2006, 12:20 pm
[quote="cindy324"]men and women? rentable by the hour? drinks? quote]

somehow that sounds naughty

amother

Post Sun, Dec 31 2006, 3:56 pm
I am now convinced to go ahead with it and we are now looking for a place that can be soundproofed and can be wheelchair accessible (including the stage). From your past experiences at various places, what kind of suggestions can you make such as private rooms etc. we plan to have it for women only from 7 to midnight every night, open for public with men singing only all day. There will also be a rosh chodesh event for women each month and opening night will have some spectacular stars that everyone knows!

MMEC123

Post Sun, Dec 31 2006, 3:57 pm
That sounds like so much fun.

cindy324

Post Sun, Dec 31 2006, 8:39 pm
Well, there's a chain of karaoke bars in the city called Japa's. They have a bunch of private karaoke rooms ranging in size from a room barely enough for 2 to a room enough for 20, so you can have your own private party, and don't have to suffer in embarrassment around strangers. Each room has a TV with a remote which you use to enter the numbers to the song you want to sing. They have a huge book with songs, listed both by song name and artist name. The rooms are pretty soundproof, although you could hear faintly when you walk past the rooms.

If you're going to have it for ladies nightly , I would offer some light snacks and/or dessert type foods and soft drinks. Maybe during the day, you can offer some light lunches to the men. I think when people come to relax and sing karaoke, they'll want to have something to nosh on.

amother

Post Sun, Dec 31 2006, 8:57 pm
maybe its just me, but I think you should offer mixed drinks. Get people to losen up

chocolate moose

Post Tue, May 29 2007, 8:33 pm
did anything ever happen!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics