Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Have you lost weight on Weight Watchers Points Plus system?
1  2  Next

amother

Post Sun, Jul 22 2012, 4:51 pm
I started Weight watchers a month ago. I didnt lose much. I read a thread now on a different site with other people saying that the new weight watchers point plus system doesnt work. I dont want to waste months trying to do this program and not losing--- I might as well try something else.

Have you done the program and did it work? Please share anything you have to say about it. I have over 40lbs to lose.

mommyofboys

Post Sun, Jul 22 2012, 6:37 pm
I lost 10 lbs. in 8 weeks.

anotherima

Post Sun, Jul 22 2012, 6:44 pm
Both my husband and I are on Weight Watchers and we are doing very well. It's not a quick weight loss program, sometimes it's a half pound, sometimes one pound, but it is a slow process.
Are you drinking enough water? Tracking what you eat and your points? You can also discuss with your leader suggestions that would be helpful.

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Jul 22 2012, 7:09 pm
You are guaranteed to lose weight if you stick to the program. What is holding you back ?

Are you exercising ?

zaq

Post Sun, Jul 22 2012, 7:09 pm
Are you doing the plan where you don't weigh or measure but eat core foods as much as you want till you;re satisfied? This doesn't work for people who don't have a good sense of when they're full. (I'm amazed it works for anyone--if you had a good sense of when you're full and stopped then, you wouldn't be a WW candidate in the first place.)

If you're using that plan, switch to the plan where you weigh and measure your foods. And follow the rules: two or three servings of milk or milk products, two servings or more of fruit, three or more of veggies, two or more of protein every day.

what do you call "not much"? It's not realistic to expect to lose more than a pound or two a week. sometimes only half a pound. slower is more frustrating but healthier than losing faster. even if you gain a bit one week, don't give up. Like the stock market, it's not the daily or weekly fluctuations that count--it's the trend over time. Are you thinner than when you started? then you;re succeeding, even if progress is slow.

You can speed up your loss with aerobic exercise. This won't make you shed ten lbs. in three days, but it will help. Burn an extra 500 calories a day for 7 days and you'll drop an extra pound a week--but 500 calories is a LOT. If you weigh 150 and walk 1 mile, you'll burn about 85 calories.

weight training with free weights or machines will build muscle, make you stronger and ramp up your metabolism because muscle uses up calories even at rest while fat burns up nothing. Muscle is also denser than fat, so even if you weigh the same, you'll be much slimmer with 30% body fat than you'd be with 50% body fat.

amother

Post Mon, Jul 23 2012, 10:14 am
I have lost 18lbs since purim.

amother

Post Mon, Jul 23 2012, 11:34 am
OP here, Thanks everyone for your replies and tips.

Its 6 weeks since I started the program and lost a total of 4.8lbs.

I signed up to be an online member so I dont have whom to ask....

I track and measure all my food.

All additional tips are appreciated.

I've been yoyo dieting all my life because I always wanted to lose weight fast. But of course I gained it back eventually. I dont mind that it takes longer to lose the weight as long as I am losing. It just sounds so little 4.8lbs in 6 weeks. Maybe I should start taking my measurements, did you lose a lot of inches and a little on the scale?

suzyq

Post Mon, Jul 23 2012, 11:44 am
I lost all my baby weight using the points plus system (about 30 pounds). I didn't use my extra weekly points until shabbos and I did eat a lot of fruits and veggies. I think it's important to make sure your portion sizes are strict. Good luck - I think it's a really good system!

groisamomma

Post Mon, Jul 23 2012, 12:21 pm
I lost 50 lbs. on the previous WW plan but when the Points Plus system came out my weight plataued and eventually I got frustrated so I quit and gained back all my weight. Sad

amother

Post Mon, Jul 23 2012, 12:24 pm
worked for me, I love it! I lost about 40 pounds on it, started in november, hit my goal about pesach time. be really careful with measuring out you r portions when you eat and plan your meals ahead of time...I also didnt use up my extra weekly points...I really didnt go over my daily ones. good luck to you!

amother

Post Mon, Jul 23 2012, 12:34 pm
suzyq wrote:
I lost all my baby weight using the points plus system (about 30 pounds). I didn't use my extra weekly points until shabbos and I did eat a lot of fruits and veggies. I think it's important to make sure your portion sizes are strict. Good luck - I think it's a really good system!

Thats sounds wonderful!

amother

Post Mon, Jul 23 2012, 12:37 pm
groisamomma wrote:
I lost 50 lbs. on the previous WW plan but when the Points Plus system came out my weight plataued and eventually I got frustrated so I quit and gained back all my weight. Sad

I am so sorry to hear....it probably toook a long time to lose the 50lbs. How long? Its hard work. So why didnt you continue on the old plan if that worked for you?

amother

Post Mon, Jul 23 2012, 12:38 pm
Can you tell me a little bit more about this program? You can do it online?

amother

Post Mon, Jul 23 2012, 12:41 pm
amother wrote:
worked for me, I love it! I lost about 40 pounds on it, started in november, hit my goal about pesach time. be really careful with measuring out you r portions when you eat and plan your meals ahead of time...I also didnt use up my extra weekly points...I really didnt go over my daily ones. good luck to you!

Cheers Thats really encouraging to hear. I will continue following the plan. Did you measure yourself as well to see how many inches you lost? Did you eat only whole grain and no white flour? Was most of the food you ate from the powerfoods?

amother

Post Mon, Jul 23 2012, 2:43 pm
I love their program. It is so liveable. I started in December and have lost over 30 pounds - and reached my goal.

I found that going in every week to weigh in and stay for the lecture was a big help - it kept me on track and motivated. When I had a smaller loss than I expected, or I gained, it was very helpful to hear the encouragement from the women who work at WW. One of the things the leader always repeats - you lost .2? That's a stick of butter off of you! Wink

I personally did not give up sugar and white flour. I find for myself that if I feel that I am depriving myself, I will not stay on the program. I do allow myself to have a cookie or a piece of cake as long as it is within my points allowance. Also, you have to keep in mind that our bodies fluctuate with our cycles - so when you are expecting you period or are ovulating, you may not see as big of a loss, or even a gain.

4.8 lb. in 6 weeks is great! They are looking for an average of .5-2 lb. per week - so you are falling well into that average.

Keep up the good work! Good Luck!

amother

Post Mon, Jul 23 2012, 10:49 pm
Another vote for weight watchers! I was over 200 (!) at the peak of my pregnancy last year and 1 year later I am down to 158.5 bH. I never feel deprived and I really enjoy the ability to limit what I eat while still being able to eat appropriate things. It's become a significant part of my lifestyle and I don't have to inconvenience anyone else (except maybe my husband every so often when I make suppers that are a bit healthier than back in the old days), but I definitely highly recommend it!

b from nj

Post Mon, Jul 23 2012, 11:07 pm
I am losing weight slowly on the pointsPlus program especially when I don't cheat even though cheating is so much fun Twisted Evil !!!

amother

Post Mon, Jul 23 2012, 11:13 pm
Definitely works! im down 21lbs so far on the new program. Its slow but steady. over yt I gained a bit so hadda work that off again but im happy on it and dont feel deprived at all. I eat anything I want as long as my pts allow it. I put in my recipes for anything I make my family and figure out how much a serving size I can eat. its a great normal diet that you can totally live on and not feel deprived. good luck and keep it up!

amother

Post Mon, Jul 23 2012, 11:14 pm
Are you ladies exercising? I am looking for a good diet. The ones with success, are you always good dieters?

b from nj

Post Mon, Jul 23 2012, 11:30 pm
Yes I do the elliptical 5x/wk generally.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise