Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Babies crying at speech
Previous  1  2

mimsy7420

Post Tue, Jan 02 2007, 2:04 pm
happymom wrote:
that would bother me too. imo babies dont belong out at night and esp not at a ladies event!

I agree!

rise above

Post Tue, Jan 02 2007, 3:20 pm
I went to the same event/speeches as you did, and I also was annoyed about those crying babies. It was distracting and was bothering me, but I thought it was just me!
I'm dan likaf zchus them that initially when the baby started crying it was just too hard to try and get out (ppl. set up chairs everyone, it was quite a fire hazard...)
However, once the mother saw that her baby is kvetchy and is not stopping, my dan likaf zchus doesn't work any more Smile and she should have left.

I think the problem is that people don't think and if they do think, it's about themselves Smile

greenfire

Post Tue, Jan 02 2007, 3:29 pm
jewgal84 wrote:

Rolling Laughter ROTFLMAO!!!!

please translate

shininglight

Post Tue, Jan 02 2007, 3:42 pm
greenfire- I'm not sure you want to know.

I'll tell you this - the first part is "rolling on the floor laughing" ... I'm not going to finish it Smile

mumoo

Post Tue, Jan 02 2007, 10:40 pm
anon wrote:

I wouldn't bring a small baby to a wedding because the music is too loud for their tiny ears.

1000%

mumoo

Post Tue, Jan 02 2007, 10:53 pm
TzenaRena wrote:

So, when I missed those events, I would tell myself that my Avodah is to be home with my children, and BH for that, and that I'm not a less devoted chassidiste for that.... [but] Women need the charge, the energy that comes from attending events of hisorerus together, it gives them the ability to inculcate these values in their families.

Your first point is right on. Hashem's beautiful arrangement of our division of labor is what keeps families/homes in tact. When we give equal 'value' to the mommy at home with the children, we can understand this concept of teamwork to a common goal. It's when the secular world decided that women are lesser, that their avodah at home was deemed not as important.

It's temporary, and in the meantime there are books, imamother and tapes that we can learn from. I'm sure there are times when a babysitter is available (chesed hours???) or dh is home, or mommy does a favor, or you trade babysitting with a friend or you eventually have older children-

It's not like we can never leave home. Even when it seems that way...

suomynona

Post Wed, Jan 03 2007, 5:31 am
rise above wrote:
I'm dan likaf zchus them that initially when the baby started crying it was just too hard to try and get out (ppl. set up chairs everyone, it was quite a fire hazard...)

I also thought of that one. It was really impossible to move. But both the person sitting next to me and I both managed to go to the ladies room during the event. When there's a will, there's a way. And I'm sure the people near them would've been happy to make room for them to get though and go out.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette