Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Do you keep on air conditioning for your baby/toddler at nit

db815

Post Wed, Jul 25 2012, 12:43 pm
I never know what to do! my toddler (14 months) sleeps in her own room with a window unit AC that is pretty strong. At night its usually around 70 something degrees out, not like soo hot. She does sleep with a blanket also. I feel like if I leave on the air, it gets freezing, even on like 70, I usually end up shutting it in middle of the night. If I dont leave on the air, then I feel like she will be boiling. I have to say the last few nights I left it on, she woke up with a runny nose. What do you do?? TIA

amother

Post Wed, Jul 25 2012, 12:46 pm
I once heard a pediatrician say don't keep it on lower than 74 (or 72). If it's lower it could lead to sore throat.

bigprincess

Post Wed, Jul 25 2012, 12:50 pm
No, I let him sleep in just his underwear (no pj's) and a ceiling fan.

amother

Post Wed, Jul 25 2012, 12:52 pm
I don't think it's necessary because it gets to cold for a little kid. The room near my babies room is air conditioned so we leave the door opened.

Fabulous

Post Wed, Jul 25 2012, 12:55 pm
I do. But I have a similar issue. I try to keep on the lowest possible and I often shut it in the middle of the night. A tip might be to keep it on a shabbos clock to turn off and on every two hours to give it a break.

superjew

Post Wed, Jul 25 2012, 12:55 pm
We have the same issue. I just make it on fan low so it has some air and not too stuffy but yet not too cold. Make sure dc is not over dressed

ChaniH

Post Wed, Jul 25 2012, 1:01 pm
I leave a fan on and he sleeps in his diaper when its really hot, I once put him to sleep with the AC on and he woke up with such a bad cold.

mommyhood

Post Wed, Jul 25 2012, 1:48 pm
I leave it on energy saver on 75. It's comfortable in their room that way. If you have energy saver it shouldn't get too cold.

EmesOrNT

Post Wed, Jul 25 2012, 3:04 pm
I have a central unit, and I need it to be cold for me to be able to sleep. The bigger kids sleep in velour PJs and they're fine, but the baby prefers sleeping ON his blanket instead of under it. So I have an electric heater in the room, and his room is warm.

db815

Post Wed, Jul 25 2012, 4:48 pm
Ok thanks for all the replies! I think what I will do based on all the ideas here is have her sleep in her diaper and maybe keep it on energy saver, like on 75. Hope it works!

EmesOrNT

Post Wed, Jul 25 2012, 4:53 pm
db815 wrote:
Ok thanks for all the replies! I think what I will do based on all the ideas here is have her sleep in her diaper and maybe keep it on energy saver, like on 75. Hope it works!

Keep in mind that at that age, they start opening their diapers. At least use a bodysuit.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics