Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Warding off a virus

naftala

Post Sun, Aug 19 2012, 9:23 am
My daughter is home from camp with a horrible virus. High fever, vomiting, sore throat, the works. My son's Bar Mitzvah is next Shabbat! I am terrified the rest of us are going to catch this. I am cleaning like mad. Is there a good way to ward this off?

zaq

Post Sun, Aug 19 2012, 9:35 am
Wash your hands, wash your hands, wash your hands. handwashing is THE Number One method of preventing transmission of infections. But not just any handwashing--thorough soap-and-water lathering and cleaning right up to the wrist, between fingers, and under nails, after treating the patient, handling her dishes, before eating or preparing food...every member of the family must do this.

However, given that you've been exposed since dd came home, it may already be too late. Hopefully this infection is a short-lived, self-limiting one (aka "24-hour virus") with a very brief incubation period, so if anyone is going to get it they'll be over it long before the simcha.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics