Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Mazel Tov on Births
Jewgal84 has double mazel tov!!
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

jewgal84

Post Tue, Jan 09 2007, 10:41 am
downsyndrome wrote:
Jewgal, if you have a coupla' extra bucks and if you are interested in a fantastic baby nurse I can recommend one to you.

What does a coupla' extra bucks mean Wink !?

jewgal84

Post Tue, Jan 09 2007, 10:42 am
momoftwins wrote:
years ago , they did not let my twins leave the hospital till they reached five pounds.I pumped my milk and brought it to the hospital.

BH I'm pumping and nursing them!!

ny21

Post Tue, Jan 09 2007, 10:44 am
I think her twins are boy and girl twins (faternal)

Last edited by ny21 on Wed, Jan 24 2007, 12:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

jewgal84

Post Tue, Jan 09 2007, 10:45 am
Mindy wrote:
jewgal my son was born at 33 weeks pregnancy.

My twins were born in their 36th week.

What was your experiance in the NICU like?

jewgal84

Post Tue, Jan 09 2007, 10:57 am
stem wrote:
Jewgal, I wish you a huge, double mazal tov, may you always have double nachas from them! I am SO curious to hear your birth story of since you said it was a natural, no epidural twin birth... WOW!!!!
Would you post it?

Here goes:

1AM: Contractions start, I take a hot shower
2AM: Attempt to sleep
3AM: Drink an alcoholic beverage and resume sleep
4AM: Call Doctor and Labor Coach and we're off to hospital shock
5AM: 5 CM dialated with consistent contractions, put on Pitocin
7AM: Still 5 dialated, put Pitocin higher
8AM: 7-8 CM dialated, Doctor breaks water, contractions intense, no epidural Crying
9AM: 8-9 CM dialated, really painful contractions, no epidural Crying
9:41AM: First twin arrives Very Happy KAH
9:55AM: Second twin arrives Very Happy KAH
10:01AM: Placenta delivers
10:10 AM: Back to my room

Doctor refused to give me an epidural due to the fact that he wanted me to feel the urges to push both babies, the 2nd twin was transverse-vertex (sp?), so he didn't want any complications or have to make any immediate c-sections, BH both babies and mommy are all fine and recovering real quickly!!

jewgal84

Post Tue, Jan 09 2007, 10:58 am
momoftwins wrote:
I think her twins are boy and girl twins (faternal)

when my twins were born , we tested them to see if they were identical.

When we got the call , my husband was very happy they were identical !

he is a faternal twin .(sister).

We thought ours were indentical, that's what sonogram showed... but they got tested and they have diff blood types, so although they look really alike, they're faternal!

ny21

Post Tue, Jan 09 2007, 11:04 am
a sonogram can not tell if your twins are identical

unless g-d forbi d they are in the same sac , which is called

monoamnionic.

stem

Post Tue, Jan 09 2007, 12:07 pm
jewgal84 wrote:

Doctor refused to give me an epidural due to the fact that he wanted me to feel the urges to push both babies, the 2nd twin was transverse-vertex (sp?), so he didn't want any complications or have to make any immediate c-sections, BH both babies and mommy are all fine and recovering real quickly!!

How did you deliver the second baby? Did he turn around last minute?

Mama Bear

Post Tue, Jan 09 2007, 2:12 pm
jewgal84 wrote:
Mindy wrote:
jewgal my son was born at 33 weeks pregnancy.

My twins were born in their 36th week.

What was your experiance in the NICU like?
the nurses were wonderful. I visted the baby almost evry day, but took a day or two off here or there. I called in twice a day to check on him and left goodies at the front destk. the hard part with preemies if after they come home. Id be glad to offer you support when you'll need it. lthey cry alot, theyre gassy, it takes long to feed them, they gain weight slowly, I never managed to nurse him.... butBH he'sdoiing great !!!

Ruchel

Post Tue, Jan 09 2007, 4:08 pm
mazal tov!!!!!!!!!!

jewgal84

Post Tue, Jan 09 2007, 6:19 pm
stem wrote:

How did you deliver the second baby? Did he turn around last minute?

Delivered second baby, naturally, the baby fell head first into a real nice and safe position for delivery Very Happy !

jewgal84

Post Tue, Jan 09 2007, 6:25 pm
Mindy wrote:

the nurses were wonderful. I visted the baby almost evry day, but took a day or two off here or there. I called in twice a day to check on him and left goodies at the front destk. the hard part with preemies if after they come home. Id be glad to offer you support when you'll need it. lthey cry alot, theyre gassy, it takes long to feed them, they gain weight slowly, I never managed to nurse him.... butBH he'sdoiing great !!!

Funny you mention nurses, I think my day at the hospital totally depends on which nurses I'm dealing with. I've had tough days where the nurses were just not being nice Exploding anger !!

Because they're twins, they are placed in diff areas in the NICU, hospitals policy, which means I have double amount of nurses to deal with.

I'm there every day from 11-4pm, for two feedings and go later on with my dh from 8-10pm for another feeding. It's a bit tough, but BH the hospital is only a 15 minute drive away and because I'm nursing I want to be there as muc has I can.

jewgal84

Post Tue, Jan 09 2007, 6:28 pm
Guess what?

IYH Twin A might be coming home tomorrow, please daven that he does, we look really forward to it Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy !!!

amother

Post Tue, Jan 09 2007, 6:33 pm
momoftwins wrote:
a sonogram can not tell if your twins are identical

unless g-d forbi d they are in the same sac , which is called

monoamnionic.

At my 8 week sonogram the doctor couldn't tell if there were 2 sacks. He said we should wait until 11 wks (next week) to see if the faint line he saw was the separation between the sacks.

I don't know much about monoamniotic twins. The Dr. mentioned that there is nothing to do if that's the case because it's all in H-shem's hands. He said the only danger is if the cords get tangled.

Do you know anything else about it?

micki

Post Tue, Jan 09 2007, 7:22 pm
wow thats wonderful news. how much does he weigh now?
I thought they like to keep twins together, they had so many stories wherer being together helped them get better faster.

ny21

Post Tue, Jan 09 2007, 7:38 pm
I

monoamnionic is exemtremly rare .

Last edited by ny21 on Wed, Jan 24 2007, 12:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

ny21

Post Tue, Jan 09 2007, 7:57 pm
man LOL

Last edited by ny21 on Fri, Jan 12 2007, 3:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

miriam

Post Tue, Jan 09 2007, 8:51 pm
jewgal84 wrote:
Guess what?

IYH Twin A might be coming home tomorrow, please daven that he does, we look really forward to it Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy !!!

Wonderful news!!!! It's so exciting getting updates. It's such a happy time!!!

Mama Bear

Post Tue, Jan 09 2007, 11:02 pm
jewgal84 wrote:
Mindy wrote:

Funny you mention nurses, I think my day at the hospital totally depends on which nurses I'm dealing with. I've had tough days where the nurses were just not being nice Exploding anger !!

Because they're twins, they are placed in diff areas in the NICU, hospitals policy, which means I have double amount of nurses to deal with.

I'm there every day from 11-4pm, for two feedings and go later on with my dh from 8-10pm for another feeding. It's a bit tough, but BH the hospital is only a 15 minute drive away and because I'm nursing I want to be there as muc has I can.
wowyoure there a LOOOOT. I would go for one hour, max. Okay I jus thad one baby there and it was a 25 minute drive and I didnt have easy access to transportation.

which hospital are they in?

Blossom

Post Tue, Jan 09 2007, 11:22 pm
MAZEL TOV!!! MAZEL TOV!!!
Just got to read this thread.

Quote:
Guess what?

IYH Twin A might be coming home tomorrow, please daven that he does, we look really forward to it !!!

Bezras Hashem!!!!
Page 5 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Mazel Tov on Births