Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
DD having surgery for eartubes advice, support?

sleepwalking

Post Mon, Sep 10 2012, 3:38 pm
Besides for calming me down because I am a nervous wreck I have a few questions. Was your child crazy from the narcose? will she be in alot of pain?

sped

Post Mon, Sep 10 2012, 4:01 pm
I had a few students in my gans who got tubes. They were all back in school the next day and I saw a change immediately - their whole mood and personality became much happier and calmer.
Hatzlacha

21young

Post Mon, Sep 10 2012, 4:10 pm
How old is your child? That may make a difference in the recovery.
Relax, my son had them done at 6 months and it was really nothing. The ENT said that the actual surgery takes 7 min. My baby recovered beautifully.
However, he is part of the 10% of kids for whom the tubes don't work, and we have to get them redone this week; something I'm not looking forward to because he is now a toddler and I know that recovery will be harder.
Overall, though, it's really no big deal.

sleepwalking

Post Mon, Sep 10 2012, 4:36 pm
DD is 13 month. Thanks sped and 21 young!! Anyone else with experience?

amother

Post Mon, Sep 10 2012, 4:39 pm
My son is 13 months and had it done last week.
It was totally not a big deal we were in the hospital for 2 hours in total.
He was a little cranky for the first half hour after he woke up. After that he was perfectly fine bh.

Vegieburger

Post Mon, Sep 10 2012, 4:57 pm
My son had it at six months, it is really quick. They took him back, I sat down and sent a text and the doctor came out to say he was all done. Really no big deal. He was sleepy the rest of the day and fine the next. Good luck!

amother

Post Mon, Sep 10 2012, 4:59 pm
My son had it done at 13 months. He was fine, b'h, right after. It made a big difference. No more ear infections (he had them monthly for over half a year).

amother

Post Mon, Sep 10 2012, 9:21 pm
it might be the easiest surgery a child could have.....I had 2 kids who had them and trust me, its a breeze. there isn't even an iv put in to their arms.
they are cranky after from the anest. but it wears off during the day and they dont even need pain medicine.

amother

Post Mon, Sep 10 2012, 9:57 pm
I did it with my DD at 6 months. It was a huge lifesaver. She was very sleepy after the surgery but the whole thing took 5 minutes and she was a completely different child. She went from being extremely difficult and colicy to a great easy going baby

amother

Post Mon, Sep 10 2012, 9:57 pm
I did it with my DD at 6 months. It was a huge lifesaver. She was very sleepy after the surgery but the whole thing took 5 minutes and she was a completely different child. She went from being extremely difficult and colicy to a great easy going baby

B"H YOM YOM

Post Mon, Sep 10 2012, 10:09 pm
One of the most common out patient surgeries for babies. DS had ear infections basically non stop from 6 wks old until tubes put in at 11 months. No problem with recovery-by that evening you might forget it was done! B"H he was of the 90% that it did work for and no more infections. (Until...they fell out and then the infections were back but not with such a vengeance as when an infant so did not have to repeat the surgery). Hatzlacha. It should be successful.

faigyl

Post Mon, Sep 10 2012, 10:16 pm
Not a big deal. We were barely in the waiting room when they called us back that she was done.
She was cranky until she took a nap and then she was normal. Went to school the next day Smile

Marion

Post Tue, Sep 11 2012, 1:59 am
We did it for DS#1 at 2.5 years old. Almost 3. They did not work for him. (In retrospect, he had no recurring infections, and it was probably an unnecessary surgery.) He was in and out in 15 minutes; the worst part was that he seems to have trouble coming out of the anaesthetic, but it was a 2:00 p.m. surgery, we were home by 4:00 and he was back in daycare the next morning.

sleepwalking

Post Tue, Sep 11 2012, 6:45 am
Thanks everyone!!! It made me feel MUCH calmer!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics