Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Lice question

reportrmom

Post Mon, Sep 24 2012, 10:27 am
So my kids (and me!) were infested with lice, which I discovered at the end of Rosh Hashana. I took everyone to the lice lady and I've been doing tons and tons and tons of laundry. The lady said this must have been around for a couple of months(!).

Here is the question. If I wore something a couple of weeks ago, or days ago, and then put it back on my shelf with the rest of my clothes, do I have to now wash my ENTIRE wardrobe? Or if I've done the sheets and towels and im working on the general laundry and stuffed animals, etc., is it sufficient?

Thanks for any help!

cm

Post Mon, Sep 24 2012, 10:42 am
Lice only live for a short time (a couple of days, I think) without a human host. I wouldn't worry too much about everything on your shelves.

reportrmom

Post Mon, Sep 24 2012, 11:07 am
I was hoping you would say that! Thank you!

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Oct 03 2012, 10:41 pm
I just discovered the joy of Neem powder. You can order it online, just Google. I took about a tablespoon full, and made 4 cups of tea by pouring hot water over it and letting it cool. I poured it over dry hair, as I was leaning over the kitchen sink. I worked it through, and then wrapped my hair in a dark colored tichel for a half an hour. Got in the shower and shampooed as usual.

It is VERY astringent, so you'll need to use a lot of conditoner. This stuff is amazing. The second the tea hit my scalp, the itching stopped, and it hasn't been back since. I washed all of my tichels in another batch of tea, and made a very weak tea to rinse my sheitel in (strain out the leaves first!). If you do this once a month, you will never get lice again, no matter how many times you are exposed.

Leftover tea makes a great face cleanser too, especially if you have oily skin and large pores. My skin was absolutely radiant after just a couple minutes of leaving it on. Use the leftover leaves as a mild abrasive if you have blackheads, and to remove dead skin.

Oh, and you can dump a tablespoon of the leaves in your wash, too. Just be careful with whites, becasue the tea is light green, and I don't know if it will stain or not. It smells very nice, like freshly cut grass. (totally safe to use on babies, too. People in India have been doing it for centuries.)

LEMON

Post Thu, Oct 04 2012, 7:49 am
is this powder used for itchy scalp or lice removal?

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Oct 04 2012, 5:03 pm
LEMON wrote:
is this powder used for itchy scalp or lice removal?

In India, Neem is known as "The sacred tree of 1,000 cures". Chewing on the leaves cures gingivitis. On the skin it cures all kinds of bacterial and fungal infections. In the hair, it disrupts the mating of lice, messes up their apetite and starves them to death. It cures dandruff, ringworm and repels mosquitoes.

Just Google "uses for Neem" and you'll be amazed. I can't believe how we get caught up in buying all of these over the counter cures for everthing, often with nasty chemicals, when G-d has provided the cure all along. The pharmaceutical industry does not want us to know about these things!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics