Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Magna tiles (NY/NJ area)

mommyhood

Post Sat, Nov 10 2012, 7:57 pm
Does anyone know the cheapest place to buy magna tiles in the NY/NJ area (Monsey, Lakewood, Brooklyn...). Online they're $114. I've heard they're cheaper in the frum stores I just don't know which ones.

Fabulous

Post Sat, Nov 10 2012, 7:59 pm
In many of the frum stores, they have the knock offs. That's the only reason they are cheaper.

mommyhood

Post Sat, Nov 10 2012, 8:00 pm
Fabulous wrote:
In many of the frum stores, they have the knock offs. That's the only reason they are cheaper.

Are the knock offs any good.

Fabulous

Post Sat, Nov 10 2012, 8:05 pm
mommyhood wrote:
Fabulous wrote:

Are the knock offs any good.

It's definitely not the same quality but I hear people are ok/happy with them.

Cookies n Cream

Post Sat, Nov 10 2012, 8:08 pm
mommyhood wrote:
Does anyone know the cheapest place to buy magna tiles in the NY/NJ area (Monsey, Lakewood, Brooklyn...). Online they're $114. I've heard they're cheaper in the frum stores I just don't know which ones.

I sometimes see them advertised for $100 for 100 pieces.
Try Toys4U and Toys to Discover.

Fabulous

Post Sat, Nov 10 2012, 8:10 pm
Cookies n Cream wrote:
mommyhood wrote:

I sometimes see them advertised for $100 for 100 pieces.
Try Toys4U and Toys to Discover.

Toys to Discover may have the real version in addition to the knock-off but check. I think Toys4U only has the knock-off. Perhaps call and ask before you go down.

gazingblue

Post Sat, Nov 10 2012, 8:14 pm
I never tried the real version but I have the generic version from toys 2 discover and it seems fine.

Cookies n Cream

Post Sat, Nov 10 2012, 8:19 pm
gazingblue wrote:
I never tried the real version but I have the generic version from toys 2 discover and it seems fine.

How much is it?

gazingblue

Post Sat, Nov 10 2012, 8:35 pm
I bought it before YK when they had a sale. I think it was $80 for (I think) 100 pcs. I'm assuming it will be on sale again for Chanukah.

Cookies n Cream

Post Sat, Nov 10 2012, 8:52 pm
gazingblue wrote:
I bought it before YK when they had a sale. I think it was $80 for (I think) 100 pcs. I'm assuming it will be on sale again for Chanukah.

Wow.I figured it would be much cheaper than the original.

gazingblue

Post Sat, Nov 10 2012, 9:10 pm
I think the generic version had more shapes. But yes, the price for generic should prob have been less.
Btw, a little spinoff but I had asked a Shaila about using magnetic toys on Shabbos. Everyone seems to be doing it. Rav said it's ok for the kids, but I shouldn't. At least this is one toy they know they must clean up by themselves!

de_goldy

Post Sat, Nov 10 2012, 9:15 pm
The problem with buying them online is that unless you get free shipping, the shipping is expensive bc they are heavy.

mommy of boys

Post Sat, Nov 10 2012, 9:40 pm
I have the immitation from toys 2 discover (100/$80+tax) and my kids looooiove them.
So far they're ok but I need at least another 2 sets! cuz there arent enough.
I didnt hear about toys 4 u. thye make their own also?

mommyhood

Post Sat, Nov 10 2012, 10:12 pm
Does anyone know the name for the generic version. I'd like to see if it's available online.

Fabulous

Post Sat, Nov 10 2012, 10:37 pm
mommyhood wrote:
Does anyone know the name for the generic version. I'd like to see if it's available online.

I believe it doesn't have a name: Toy4U, definitely produced one brand and Toys to discover, may also.

Kaybee

Post Sat, Nov 10 2012, 10:51 pm
I have the real ones and my mil has the imitation-you can't tell the difference.

But the store did tell us you can't mix and match. So when we got our second set we had to buy the original one again.

sky

Post Sun, Nov 11 2012, 2:39 pm
[I once got on sale in Lakewood from Toys 4 Though for $75 - the original Magna Tiles]
I think the Toys 4 thought it is $100 for 100 pieces.

baker1

Post Sun, Nov 11 2012, 2:57 pm
I have the original ones and my sister has the knock offs. You can for sure tell the diff. she said a couple of hers broke already and they are not as strong. In my opinion it is worth it to buy the brand name.....
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers