Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Should I be worried? Ds plays 'dr' with friend

amother

Post Thu, Nov 22 2012, 6:17 am
I was downstairs when my two boys were playing and I heard my older ds (4 yrs) was playing pee pee dr with my three year old ds. I stopped it right away and 4 yr old ds said someone in his class plays it in school. They have a play house in the gym and he does it there, and he had a play date with this boy an they played it in his basement. Ds said that he didn't actually touch anything just felt it through his clothes. Help! I don't know if I'm overreacting or not. Nothing seems to have happened and he's not effected but I'm so scared down the line it could get really out of hand. Am I being too worried? Should I call his teacher? Also whats a good way to tell a four year old about it? He's my oldest. Any feedback will be great.

MimiMommy

Post Thu, Nov 22 2012, 7:13 am
I think you're overreacting, but should keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn't progress. Kids are naturally curious, and yes, also about body parts that are normally covered. I think telling a kid not to explore their bodies will just create issues down the road. Touching other people, that's a problem. But he's only 4. I'd just keep an eye on it, tell him not to touch other people in their private parts, and not make more play dates with that kid. Boys should learn about tznius too.

IMHopinion

Post Thu, Nov 22 2012, 7:59 am
AFAIK, it's normal.
Definitely tell them that it isn't appropriate etc...

Chippies

Post Thu, Nov 22 2012, 9:08 am
I also wouldn't worry about your kid, but I would definitely report this to the teacher to make sure that she keeps an eye on it. It's probably totally fine, but there's a part of me that worries a little about this other boy who initiated the game. It could, chas v'shalom, mean that someone else is initiating something inappropriate with him and this is his way of reacting. As was already said, it's a normal thing to be curious so in all likelihood, it's just a kid being a kid and it's nothing to worry about at all.

amother

Post Thu, Nov 22 2012, 9:27 am
I would also not bathe the 2 kids together to minimize esposure. If the teacher makes sure that this game is stopped, and you watch at home, he will eventually forget about it.

seeker

Post Thu, Nov 22 2012, 9:30 am
It's a normal phase of play but they still need to be taught to play more appropriately. Whatever you do, don't get dramatic about it or it will just make it seem more fun.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers