Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
DS passes gas the whole time!! (sorry if it's TMI)

amother

Post Wed, Nov 28 2012, 5:34 am
Can anyone here help me out? DS passes gas the whole time!! It came to a point that he is really embarassed in school!! What do I do?

amother

Post Wed, Nov 28 2012, 5:59 am
The first thing I would do is take a really good look at his diet and eliminate anything that may be causing this. If your ds is old enough to be embarrassed I imagine, he would cooperate with giving up foods he likes to spare himself the shame. It may be difficult to do this on your own as sometimes people can be unusually sensitive to seemingly innocuous foods, so a consult with your gp or dietician may be in order.

amother

Post Wed, Nov 28 2012, 7:10 am
DS had this from when he was very young, perhaps 10 months. It was embarrassing. When he was still in daipers I was always being told by my helpful MIL that DS needed changing when I knew that wasn't the case. Later on I always had to keep my cool when at family gathering the adults would ask the kids 'Does anyone need toilet?' and everyone would proceed to check if any of their kids had an accident. Then as he grew I was worried it would affect his friendships once he started school and decided to take him to the Dr. He said it was some kind of bacteria in the stomach and the medication he prescribed got rid of it. It stayed away for approx a half a year and returned again. Dr gave me the same medication again but said if it does happen again I should know that he will eventually grow out of it. It did come back at one point but he's 6 now and it's rarely a problem.

Every child is different and I'm sure this medication gets rid of it for good in some. I suggest you take your child for a Dr's visit and see if he can help.

ElTam

Post Wed, Nov 28 2012, 10:02 am
Sounds like an issue of what he is eating.

rainbow dash

Post Wed, Nov 28 2012, 10:28 am
amother wrote:
DS had this from when he was very young, perhaps 10 months. It was embarrassing. When he was still in daipers I was always being told by my helpful MIL that DS needed changing when I knew that wasn't the case. Later on I always had to keep my cool when at family gathering the adults would ask the kids 'Does anyone need toilet?' and everyone would proceed to check if any of their kids had an accident. Then as he grew I was worried it would affect his friendships once he started school and decided to take him to the Dr. He said it was some kind of bacteria in the stomach and the medication he prescribed got rid of it. It stayed away for approx a half a year and returned again. Dr gave me the same medication again but said if it does happen again I should know that he will eventually grow out of it. It did come back at one point but he's 6 now and it's rarely a problem.

Every child is different and I'm sure this medication gets rid of it for good in some. I suggest you take your child for a Dr's visit and see if he can help.

I have the same problem with my ds hes 8. I think ill take him to the dr too. thanks for the advice.

lovemywig

Post Wed, Nov 28 2012, 10:52 am
Try taking him off all carbohydrated drinks. And gasy foods like peppers eggplant maybe even garlic. That's what my daughters GI invised us.

sourstix

Post Fri, Feb 01 2013, 11:24 am
I had the same prob and I fiqured out that milk is terrible for him including all milk prod. and he needs to sit down every day bec a doc told me that if it sits there longer then 24 hrs it starts rotting so I make sure everyday he sits. and that has helped a tremendous amount. I need to create a habbit with him so we d prevent the problem. he also stays away from gassy foods and sharp foods like pickles or anything with vinegar, grapefruit, its acidic. he still gets these bad smelling gas but its under control.

amother

Post Fri, Feb 01 2013, 11:28 am
could be too much fruit and vegetables. (yes it is possible to have too much)

naomi2

Post Sat, Feb 02 2013, 9:10 pm
you try giving him a probiotic. im sure your local pharmacist can recommend one and tell you how much to give. altering his diet and taking him to GI are also good ideas.

Sunflower

Post Sat, Feb 02 2013, 9:49 pm
take him to doctor and test for lactose intolerance, giardia, and celiac disease. hatzlacha
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers